It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

Rain820 HB User
Gyno visit

I went to the gyno today for the first time since I was about 20. I am 35 now. I have never been sexually active except for a few times about 7 years ago with a female, and it still was very limited....no oral at all.

My visit to the gyno today was for a regular checkup but also because I noticed this small whiteish bump above my clitoris area not too long ago. On another thread on this forum, some people mentioned it's probabably a sebacious cyst, but the gyno today said it didn't look like that at all. She said it was more "wart like" and that I should watch it and go back if it didn't go away. However, I asked if she could just test it today but she said I had to make an appointment to come back for that. I asked her if the rest of the exam was fine and she said yeah everything looked good.

So my questions are, is it really possible that I managed to get a STD from having ONE sexual encounter so many years ago? Or are there other ways to get these warts, if it is that? I do have eczema lately and my skin is sensitive due to having asthma as well (so says the doctors). Could this all be related? I know I've had warts on my hands in the past, so is it possible I somehow infected myself without realizing it? I Hope that is the case, if that is what this is.

Oh and also, should I also assume that if she thought it was anything REALLY serious, she would have said she wanted to biopsy it right away?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciate because I'm really worried. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #2
(male)

needsomehelpbad HB User
Re: Gyno visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain820
I went to the gyno today for the first time since I was about 20. I am 35 now. I have never been sexually active except for a few times about 7 years ago with a female, and it still was very limited....no oral at all.

My visit to the gyno today was for a regular checkup but also because I noticed this small whiteish bump above my clitoris area not too long ago. On another thread on this forum, some people mentioned it's probabably a sebacious cyst, but the gyno today said it didn't look like that at all. She said it was more "wart like" and that I should watch it and go back if it didn't go away. However, I asked if she could just test it today but she said I had to make an appointment to come back for that. I asked her if the rest of the exam was fine and she said yeah everything looked good.

So my questions are, is it really possible that I managed to get a STD from having ONE sexual encounter so many years ago? Or are there other ways to get these warts, if it is that? I do have eczema lately and my skin is sensitive due to having asthma as well (so says the doctors). Could this all be related? I know I've had warts on my hands in the past, so is it possible I somehow infected myself without realizing it? I Hope that is the case, if that is what this is.

Oh and also, should I also assume that if she thought it was anything REALLY serious, she would have said she wanted to biopsy it right away?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciate because I'm really worried. Thanks.

Obvioulsy the more you have sexual activity going on the more likely you are..but of course its possible to get something from doing it only once....warts of any kind are very contaigous and odds are you spread itdown there from your hands

Closed Thread