It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 10:45 AM   #1

something_witty HB User
stupid stupid stupid.

So my boyfriend and I were messing around and I was masturbating him, but then without thinking touched my clitoris right afterwards. I'd had some precome on my fingers but it had dried. Now I'm worried that I might have exposed myself to an STD. He's not promiscuous but there was one time in the past where he let a girl perform oral sex on him unprotected, and he did the same to her (stupid of him, he knows and is regretting it now since I won't engage in oral sex with him and he thinks that getting tested is only for diseased people).

I feel like such an idiot. Here I am trying to be safe and I might have just screwed things up. He's never had any symptoms and it was 5 months ago that he hooked up with that girl, but I know that sometimes there aren't any symptoms and men are more likely to be just carriers than women.

Does anyone know if an STD test will show up on my parents' insurance if I get tested? How much do they cost, anyway? I want to make sure and be safe but I don't want them to know that I'm engaging in *any* sexual behavior, since mom especially is super-conservative.

Help!

Old 01-27-2005, 12:28 PM   #2
(male)

needsomehelpbad HB User
Re: stupid stupid stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by something_witty
So my boyfriend and I were messing around and I was masturbating him, but then without thinking touched my clitoris right afterwards. I'd had some precome on my fingers but it had dried. Now I'm worried that I might have exposed myself to an STD. He's not promiscuous but there was one time in the past where he let a girl perform oral sex on him unprotected, and he did the same to her (stupid of him, he knows and is regretting it now since I won't engage in oral sex with him and he thinks that getting tested is only for diseased people).

I feel like such an idiot. Here I am trying to be safe and I might have just screwed things up. He's never had any symptoms and it was 5 months ago that he hooked up with that girl, but I know that sometimes there aren't any symptoms and men are more likely to be just carriers than women.

Does anyone know if an STD test will show up on my parents' insurance if I get tested? How much do they cost, anyway? I want to make sure and be safe but I don't want them to know that I'm engaging in *any* sexual behavior, since mom especially is super-conservative.

Help!

You are completly over reacting. Believe me, I know how nerve racking it can be...I went through something myself earlier this week..but it seems to be clearing up on its own now and the doc doesnt think its anything to be worried about...so what I say to you is dont worry about it. If you say the precum was already dried, then you have even less to worry about, most diseases die if they arent in a warm moist area for too long. Id say 1 in 200 million you got something. Your boyfriend sounds clean anyways....You sound like you are Obsessive compulsive about catchin an std...not giving oral sex?? Cmon you gotta do that....hes fine, your fine, relax a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 01:51 PM   #3

something_witty HB User

Well he's fine with the no oral (I think he actually was more upset that he couldn't do me, oddly enough). I also have some other reasons for not wanting to do it yet, but that's the main one.

I know it sounds silly, but I promised myself that if I was ever going to be intimate with any guy, I wanted it to be as safe as possible so that there's no chance of me giving anything to any boyfriend I might have, especially if I end up marrying one of them someday.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #4
(male)

Muscn HB User

I agree with needsomehelpbad. Its great that youre safe, and I do commend you for being so conscientious about it, but I think youre getting a little obsessive about it and causing yourself a lot of unneeded worry and anxiety over it.

Id suggest making an appointment with an STD counselor or doctor to just sit down and ask some questions to find out whats a reasonable concern and how you can catch and prevent certain things. Theres a free clinic in my city that you can just walk into and say you have some questions for the doctor, and theyll give you time to sit and talk with them. Theyre usually incredibly nice too. It sounds like you might be a teenager and they even have a day set aside just for teens. Maybe bring your boyfriend with you so you can both get some info and you wont have to re-explain it to him.

Last edited by Muscn; 01-30-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:37 PM   #5

something_witty HB User

I'm actually 21, despite what it sounds like. I would just go to my university's health services, but considering that they don't sell condoms anywhere (it's super catholic) i doubt they'd screen me, or if they did i'd have to pay.

thanks for your advice.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:32 PM   #6
(female)

AlwaysAngry HB User

there are other places you can go. like here they have planned parenthood, which is a stupid name because lots of people go there for other reasons than that. i do agree that you are being obsessive but thats ok. its natural with all thats happening. if you use insurance it will show up that a screening took place. but if you have a personal obgyn and you talked to them, they may be able to help you out. i know mine did when i was younger. well confidentiality is the law!

Old 02-01-2005, 06:57 PM   #7
(female)

poweroutage HB User

i would still hit up the health clinic. i mean even if it is "super catholic" they still have to do medical procedures. and if not try a planned parenthood. or a city health clinic. i seriously doubt they would charge you just to ask some questions to the dr. even at a catholic school clinic. it cant hurt to ask right?

Closed Thread