It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
(male)

randomhero1 HB User
small white dots in mouth

i gave oral to my girlfriend for the first time this weekend. the day after i noticed small white sores in my mouth (one, maybe two on the top of the tongue, the same size as the pores on my tongue) and one on the line of skin below the tongue, this is the only one to cause any pain and then only when i moved my tongue and stretched that. almost just like a small cold sore in my mouth, but the day after that the ones on my tongue were gone and the one below it had shrunk a good bit. could this be an STD sign or is just a cold sore? i have been sick through the weekend and so was she. i also fell asleep afterwards without rinsing my mouth or anything, could it just be some reaction to that being on my tongue for so long?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #2

MSH HB User
Re: small white dots in mouth

Could be that she had a yeast infection. That same thing happened to me after I gave oral sex to a woman. I thought it was thrush, but turned out that she had a yeast infection, and a mouth is a perfect place for this to grow and looks like what you described.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
(male)

randomhero1 HB User

well, she didnt look or smell like she had a yeast infection, i noticed a slightly different smell but didnt think much of it, what exactly is thrush?

Old 03-02-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
(female)

USPS84 HB User

Thrush is a an oral yeast infection.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:09 AM   #5

MSH HB User

More or less, thrush is a bacterial infection of the mouth. The mouth has bacteria in it all the time, but there are always enough cells to fight it off. However, when the immune system is compromised, then thrush will occur as there is not enough cells to fight off the bacteria. Its a very very late stage of HIV or can occur if you are on anti-bacterial medicine or are a big smoker. Thrush looks like a yeast infection of the mouth, and can mimic a yeast infection from oral sex. A lot of women do not smell or even know they have a yeast infection but still can get them, especially right after their periods. Mine went away in about 4-5 days.

Closed Thread