It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #1

Nallabelle HB User
Sores on Face

I had unprotected sex about a month ago. I have developed sores on my face, in my nose and canker sores in my mouth. I was told that this could be a sign of HIV or another STD. Has anyone heard of this?

Old 05-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Justawondering HB User
Re: Sores on Face

I suggest you go to a doctor, however I have heard of like a common form of herpes (think its called herpes simplex A) I dont know if that is transmitted from person to person or you just have it but i do know that it is associated with cold sores ect but like I mentioned if you have the slightest inclination that you may have an STD i strongly suggest you go to a doc and get a professional diagnosis Good Luck Keep us Posted

Last edited by Justawondering; 05-09-2005 at 08:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallabelle
I had unprotected sex about a month ago. I have developed sores on my face, in my nose and canker sores in my mouth. I was told that this could be a sign of HIV or another STD. Has anyone heard of this?
HIV would only cause sores on the face if your infection was very advanced, which is not possible after only one month.

Are you sure that they are canker sores and not cold sores? Canker sores are painful ulcers on the inner membranes of the mouth and cheek. Canker sores are NOT STD related, and no one really knows what causes them.

Cold sores are small red blisters that usually appear on the lip and outer edge of the mouth. Cold sores are extremely contagious and are usually causes by the Herpes Simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1), which can be sexually transmitted.

It is very unlikely that either cold or canker sores would appear on other areas of your face, or in your nose. So, most likely, whatever is wrong is completely unrelated to any STD. You should see a doctor to figure out what is really going on. Good luck.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

If you had sex, as in genital to genital, then you would not get herpes on your face from that. However, if the person you were with had oral herpes (aka cold sores), they you could have caught that through kissing. Herpes is transmitted through skin to skin contact. So if a person had cold sores and gave you oral sex, you could get genital herpes. And if you were to give oral sex to a person with genital herpes you could get herpes on your mouth. However, herpes shows up at the point of infection. So whatever part of your body touched the infected area of the other person's body woudl be where the infection would show up.

As for HIV, it is highly unlikey that you'd be showing symptoms this early after infection.

Closed Thread