It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 10:57 AM   #1

footballfan HB User
What's wrong with me??? Doctors have been no help

Hi...I am a 24-year-old male who has been experiencing some discomfort in my male area...and what's worse is that he doctors's have been no help!

It started last October with a very small, puffy purpleish bump on the left side of the tip of my penis. I noticed it when it would rub against the inside of my boxer shorts...shortly after, I began to feel some very mild iritation far up my urethra when ejactulating and some itching and burning when urinating around the tip of my penis and about 1.5 inches up my urethra...

I went to see my usualy doctor in November, and he just gave me some ointment for the bump...well, the bump didn't go away and I continued having symptoms, so I went back to him in early February...I should probably mention here that I had Chlamydia 3 years ago, and since the symptoms I have now are similar to that but more mild, I asked my doctor to do an STD test...well, he did a blood test and cleared me for AIDS, herpes, chlamydia, and something else that starts with an "R"....

But I continued having symptoms so I went to a different doctor 3 weeks ago and got a culture done and also got treated for Chlamydia and Gonorhea...I took the medication immediatley and had to wait a few days for the culture results to come back...during this time, my syptoms started to go away and almost disappeared completley, so I was sure that I had one of the two diseases I was treated for...much to my surprise, my doctor called a few days later and told me that I tested negative for either disease, and sure enough, my symptoms came back a few days later....by the way, I abstained from any type of sexual intercourse with my usual partner from my February appointment up till after my most recent one

this same doctor also checked me for a urinary infection and said he saw no signs of one...

So basically these doctors keep telling me I'm fine, but I still have the irritating symptoms...does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong with me and what I should do next?

I've even gone so far as to try to eliminate certain elements of my diet and habits that I took up around the time the problems started, such as smoking and drinking a lot of tea

I guess I'll try to go see a urologist, but I am afraid that will just end up being another dead end...do my symptoms strike a familiar chord with anyone?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2005, 11:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Re: What's wrong with me??? Doctors have been no help

have you or they looked into yeast infections? That is really the only thing I can think of...is thier any smell? It is possible for males to get them. Also sounds like it could be NGU..good luck keep us updated.

Old 06-05-2005, 08:08 AM   #3

nkok_nito HB User

it sounds to me like n.g.u but hidden ,, i had a simular problem ,,, try taking septra for 30 days straight... you might need to also try getting a cystoscopy ..... that septra works wonders,,, also what kind of meds where you taking ???

Old 06-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #4

footballfan HB User

they gave me zithromax for chlamidya and something else for the gonorea...both were a single dose....the strange thing is that the symptoms almost went away completely after I took the meds....but then they came back...

what is septra? is that over-the-counter? if its perscription, I might be out of luck, because my doctors keep telling me I'm fine, hence they won't perscribe me anything

Last edited by footballfan; 06-11-2005 at 07:28 PM.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:30 AM   #5
(male)

worriedslappy HB User

Sounds like the same thing i have been going for since last december my doc tells me prostate infection

Old 03-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #6
(male)

somebodyinneed HB User

i have the same problem! i need help ASAP! the doctors keep saying i'm negative and when i take the meds i feel fine but then it comes back. what's NGU? could i have a prostate problem?

Closed Thread