It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
genital warts treatment

My ex boyfriend lovingly gave me this wonderful STD ... I didn't think I needed to worry about STDs... we were each other's first.. but apparently I wasn't his last, even when the relationship was happening. I was just wondering how they were treated and how painful it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
(female)

irismura HB User
Re: genital warts treatment

i wondered the same thing & didn't get much info from this board about possible treatments. however, i had my dr appt today, and it was not so bad. i have several small warts (nothing like the cauliflower-like growths you see in some of the internet pix). the doctor said my options were cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen), or laser, or aldara. we decided to try liquid nitrogen on them. it stung a little, but not too badly, and the treated areas haven't really bothered me much at all the rest of the day. dr said that treatment is 50-60% effective, and i'll go back in three weeks to see how well the cryotherapy worked. i'm assuming by then it'll be obvious to me how successful it was, & maybe then he'll do a little more spraying if needed.

i opted for the liquid nitrogen b/c my doc could do it right then & there (laser removal would require another trip to a different doctor) & b/c aldara sounds painful. i really hope that this does the trick.

good luck with yours.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

thank you for the information, it really helps to have someone else that has gone through it. I went to my dr today because of horrible cramping, and she diagnosed me with PID, which is probably stemming from the warts.

I was upset about the warts, confirming that he cheated, but even worse to hear that I had something that might affect me for the rest of my life as well. It's a good thing he doesn't live in my town or else I'd probably egg his car lol

Old 06-28-2005, 09:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irismura
i wondered the same thing & didn't get much info from this board
Did you try the Health Guide on this site? It can be very informative.

Twizliz -

Did your doctor say that the PID was caused by HPV? PID is not usually associated with HPV, but rather is almost always associated with gonorrhea or chlamydia.

Have you been tested for other STDs?

Old 06-29-2005, 07:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

I will look into the health guide, thank you for that info

She said that it may have been caused by HPV, but yesterday she tested me for a lot of other stds, including gonrrhea and chlaymydia. The warts were right on my cervix, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I'm going back to her in about an hour because she wanted me to follow up today. I'm still having really bad cramps, and don't feel well, so I don't know what she'll do now. Probably another shot in the butt.. fun fun lol

Old 06-30-2005, 06:20 AM   #6
(female)

irismura HB User

analog: yes, i had already checked the health guide & numerous other sources & knew what the possible treatments were. what i wanted was for people to tell me how much the various treatments hurt during/after, which the health guide doesn't touch upon.

twizliz: two days post-cryo, and everything's fine. just a touch of soreness around the mole near my underwear line that the doc took off while he was down there. the actual genital/anal warts he cryo'ed haven't been bothering me at all. keeping my fingers crossed that this does the trick.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:06 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User

I'm with analog; I've never heard of HPV causing PID. Chlamydia and gonorrhea, as well as sometimes long-untreated BV, are the usual suspects.

As for your bf cheating, are you just making that assumption from the diagnosis of HPV? If so, I think it's important to know that HPV is spread from skin-to-skin contact. So, if either of you had genital contact with other partners (and even if you're each other's firsts, chances are you had some kind of genital-to-genital contact with others), then either of you may have brought it into the relationship.

Old 07-12-2005, 04:53 PM   #8
(female)

renau2e HB User
Exclamation Re: genital warts treatment

I just found this web-site after discovering that I have genital warts. I was diagnosed with HPV type 16 (a high risk type that is supposed to rarely if ever cause warts) which has also caused dysplasia of my cervix. Last week, I was told that I need to have laser surgery (after having a colposcopy and biopsy last month) because I have CIN 2-3 (pre-cancerous) cells of my cervix. Just days later, I had this crazy feeling that I should grab a mirror and check things out "down under" to be sure I was free and clear... unfortunately, I found a very small spot of white/grey looking tiny wart clusters (god that sounds so disgusting!!) I have an appointment this coming friday to treat the warts with liquid nitrogen and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what happened to them after the treatment ?? Do the warts look worse or are they more noticeable ?? Does it hurt ?? Can you have sex right away ?? Anything at all would help !! I am a bit concerened because my boyfriend and I are leaving on vacation that evening for my birthday :-( I don't want to ruin our week together ... Do you think I should hold off on the treatment for a week instead, or will I be ok ?? Thanks for your help !!!

Old 07-13-2005, 06:29 AM   #9
(female)

irismura HB User

hello, i had liquid nitrogen sprayed on my gential warts, around six in all, two weeks ago. the process wasn't too painful, but it stung a little when the doctor was spraying the liquid nitrogen. afterward, i didn't have any pain or discomfort around my warts (a few are vulvar, and one was on my anus), and the treatment didn't affect sex. for the most part, the warts seem to slowly be getting smaller, although i wonder if the dr might want to spray one of them a bit more.

i like the liquid nitrogen treatment b/c it's something my regular doc can do (i.e., i don't have to go spread 'em for a complete stranger who can do laser removal), and it's cheap--i just paid my normal $15 office visit co-pay. and i've heard some of the topical treatments can burn your skin (which i did think would impeded sex, LOL).

so, i'm glad i had cryotherapy for my warts, even if i need an additional treatment. it's fast & just a little uncomfortable.

good luck.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #10
(female)

renau2e HB User

thanks for the info ... since this is the first time I have found warts, I was just worried that they'd look scarier after the treatment making sex uncomfortable due the look of them, besides the fact that the treatment may hurt !!

Old 07-18-2005, 08:08 AM   #11
(female)

alliekat HB User

i had mine burned off a few months ago, and they came back. it hurt. now they're back and i have to go do it all over again. my doc said that one of the things that causes them to spread is shaving ... not sure if you were aware of that or not. thankfully, i have the most understand boyfriend in the world, and they don't bother him at all. the only reason sex is the slightest bit uncomfortable is because the biggest one is in a spot that gets a lot of friction, and that irritates it.

Closed Thread