It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
Question Warts

I was wondering if it were possible for a woman to have Warts that aren't ST(Sexually transmitted).I've had several Paps and pelvic exams since my last sexual intercourse and if I had them wouldn't they be detected?I thought that Warts and any sort of growth would be felt or seen on exam.I ask as I feel these small fleshy growths around(not in)my Vagina.I've been tested for all STD's and was clear.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
(female)

littlemiss1976 HB User
Re: Warts

it is pos that you could have worts and not show up right away.It could take monts or even years drom the time that you had contact for them to show.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

I haven't had sex in a very long time but have had Paps and pelvics many times since so I felt if I had them they could be seen,felt or picked up on labs.It concerns me that Doctors and Nurse Practs are not doing thorough enough exams if they couldn't see these small warty looking growths I have.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Unless they are looking for them, they are easy to miss during a PAP test because the speculum is in the way. You should ask if you are worried about internal warts. They also don't always show up right away.

As for your specific question about having warts that are not sexually transmitted. Depends on the wart. There are over a hundred different strains and they like to reside on different places on your body. e.g. some can only live on the skin of the palms or soles of the feet, some can only live in the genital area (hence 'genital warts'). You don't need to have intercourse to get genital warts, but very close contact with someone who has them.

Closed Thread