It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2005, 11:02 PM   #1
(male)

bunnyb HB User
Chances of getting an STD with oral sex?

What are the chances of getting an STD from either giving or receiving oral sex? I know the chances of getting an STD from intercourse is greater than getting an STD from oral but I am still curious as to how easy/hard it is to get an STD from giving/receiving oral. Also, what are the most common STD's contracted through oral sex? Thanks.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User
Re: Chances of getting an STD with oral sex?

HIV is somewhat difficult to contract through oral sex unless you are the one giving the oral sex and if you have an open sore in your mouth, or bleeding gums etc. Otherwise, it is possible to contract gonorrhea, syphillis, clamydia through oral sex contact whether you are giving or receiving. chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: Chances of getting an STD with oral sex?

I think the giver of oral is at greater risk, in general. For females giving oral, they are at risk for about anything the guy might have. The guy is only at risk for what the girl might have in her mouth which, other than cold sores, is usually not much. For the guys who give, again, any infection the girl might have vaginally puts him at risk while, for her, again, it is only what the guy might have in his mouth.

I don't know the odds, but I do of people who got cold sores from giving oral to others who had genital herpes. Fortuanately for them, I think they ended up with Type II, which is much less problemmatic for the oral region and it makes them nearly immune to Type II genital herpes, though they can now give Type II to people they give oral sex to.

Your best bet is to use condoms. If you don't do that, at least each of you should be freshly clean before starting (dirty genitles do not make for fun oral sex), and then wash up afterwards (and urinate), to hopefully wash those nasy bacteria and viruses away before they can infect. This doesn't always work, but it helps.

Closed Thread