It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
(female)

wish2 HB User
Questions About Genital Warts from Those Who Have It

Hi I have some questions if anyone can help to answer some or all of them ..
I've gone to the doctor already and had some treated and they went away, but I'm not sure he caught them all.
Anyways I have some questions since doctors don't have all the answers.
So I thought perhaps those who have experienced this themselves will have more insight or better answers than what I got from the doctor "i don't know" , " no one knows for sure"... And also somethings I didn't ask because I didn't feel comfortable about or forgot about since I'm nervous around people.
So here goes::
+ Are there any special precautions you have to take when touching yourself? or when masturbating? Especially in this case where the warts are inside my vagina?

+ Is it true that usually these warts will go away on their own?

+ What happens if you don't get rid of the warts?

+ What happens if the doctor doesn't see all the warts because they're hard to see or small and then doesn't treat them?

+ Does anyone know of natural remedies that can treat the warts?

Thanks if to whoever can respond
-

Old 08-30-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User
Re: Questions About Genital Warts from Those Who Have It

BUMP- someone answer pleaaaase

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 02:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User

Supposedly a homeopathic medicine, called thuja occidentalis, is a treatment for warts.

It was prescribed to me by a holistic medicine practitioner. You can get homeopathic medicines ( they're tiny, white, bead-like salts that actually taste sweet. You dissolve them under your tongue ), in small vials, at a store called Wild Oats.

Warts can spread, that's why it's important to attend regular doctor visits.

You can get them lasered off, or use Aldara cream ( prescription ).

Sometimes warts go away on their own.

I had 2 or 3 raised pink ones just under the frenulum/corona; they went away with podophyllin topical ( put on at the clinic ).

However, in their place, and in a different area ( mid to upper shaft of penis ),

there was a patch of tiny, near-the-surface, light colored warts, as well as a few scattered ones of the same type. They've been there for a while, and haven't spread.

I haven't tried Aldara for them yet; also I might get them lasered.

Last edited by ethera; 09-02-2005 at 02:11 AM.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish2
+ Are there any special precautions you have to take when touching yourself? or when masturbating? Especially in this case where the warts are inside my vagina?
No. You are already infected, so you can't re-infect yourself. You do not need to take any special precautions when touching yourself because it is unlikely that the warts will spread to areas other than your genitals.

Quote:
+ Is it true that usually these warts will go away on their own?

+ What happens if you don't get rid of the warts?
Everyone is different, sometimes they go away on their own, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they stay the same, sometimes they get worse. There is just no way to know. Even if yours do go away on their own, it can take awhile, around two years or more.

Quote:
+ What happens if the doctor doesn't see all the warts because they're hard to see or small and then doesn't treat them?
No big deal. If they get worse, you can have them taken care of then. If you notice some patches that the doctor doesn't, point them out. If they are too small or hard to see, it really won't make any difference if they aren't treated. Because there is no cure for genital HPV, treating them is all about making you more comfortable. That can mean getting rid of the warts because they are in an uncomfortable place (like inside the vagina) or because you don't like the physical appearance of them.

Quote:
+ Does anyone know of natural remedies that can treat the warts?
In general, all of the "natural" remedies you see advertised are just scams. There is no cure for genital warts. Outbreaks are more likely when you immune system is compromised, such as from another illness, poor diet, fatigue, etc. So keeping yourself healthy and taking good care of yourself is going to be the best "natural" treatment. Products designed to boost your immune system might work to minimize your genital HPV. IF they actually work on your immune system (such claims are always open to debate).

I hope this info has helped. Genital HPV can be very confusing. I don't think your doctor is trying to be difficult, there are a lot of things about HPV we just don't know. But research is always ongoing.

Good luck.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #5
Inactive

crayola110 HB User

forget what the doc said on them going away on their own. just get them treated regularly and they will be gone much faster. it's not worth it to wait it out. just get treatment from a doc ASAP

Old 09-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #6
(female)

wish2 HB User

Thanks for the responses here. I guess from reading things here and there and looking at all kinds of graphic pictures of this and other std's, I get the feeling that disease is crawling all over my body. It doesn't help having anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and depression either :/
I had the idea from reading about genital warts on some sites that it can be spread from one place to another, or made worse. Like if it's dangerous for your hands to come into contact with your own warts because they're highly contagious and full of this virus. Perhaps I misunderstood, but this is really confusing like you say analog. It sucks to think no one has developed a cure for this yet.
And yeah I am going to continue to get as many of the ones I can see treated by the doctor. I guess from what I've read he's using TCA since they're inside.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:02 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

From what I have learned through extensive research is that the body does clear itself of the virus in time. I have talked to several doctors about it and some agree and some do not know. Thier is a lot of unclarity about the virus but thier has been numerous tests done showing that the body does clear itself of the virus. I would not get caught up on things on the web because the information can be so skewed. I am not complety sure about the hand wart thing but I think that it is impossible to spread it from your genitals to you hand because they are diff strains. OCD<Depression>Anxiety or going to be your worst enemy when trying to combat this. Gotta put your life in perspective and realize that this is not a horrible disease...you can live you life just like any other normal human being. Take care and good luck! O yeah never look at the pics on the net...the wart pic and all other std pics on web are the rare and worse case scenario....a lot of the pics are ppl that have HIV or other immune deblitating viruses. Just more scare tactics to try to stop ppl from having sex. The web is just as bad as the SEX ed they gave in HS....damn morons; they should have taught us what STD's really are and how easily they spread.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:42 AM   #8
(female)

wish2 HB User

Yeah all the skin pictures on the net are scary and I feel terrible after seeing them. It is very difficult to put things in perspective since my life is pretty empty at the moment. I'm trying to figure out how to strengthen my immune system, but I keep getting sick to my stomach from worry so yeah the anxiety/ocd/depression/etc...is my worst enemy (even before I got this virus).

Closed Thread