It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
(female)

saywha HB User
biggest mistake ever- HIV?

ok so, about 6 months ago, i gave head to a guy, simulaneously with another girl. she had her tonuge pierced and at the time i was too drunk to care that she might bleed and that i might get an std. he didnt ejaculate in my mouth or anything.

3 days later, my throat got sore and my nose was runny. i went to see a doctor and just complained about the sore throat. he did a swab and told me it was viral and that i just had to gargle it with salt water. i talked to the girl and she also said she got sore throat and thats what her doc told her to do. i was worried sick that i might have an std but i didnt ask the doc because my mom was there and im a virgin and im really affraid of telling her...it was a mistake, firs time ive ever doen anything witha guy..

so like a week later my sore throat went away but for like a month my nose was runny. i went to see like a doc 2 mre times and they all looked at me and said im ok. by that time, i started getting liek a hard clump on my hard palate..its been there ever since, it doesnt hurt, but when i eat, it gets irritated and looks like a blister.

my fam doc did a blood test on me, she asked me if i ever had sex and i told her no- because i didnt. i should have told her about the encounter, i think..i dont know. the tests came back ok, and she told me i was in good health.

ok so here are the questions

- would an STD or HIV have shown up on the regular general blood test?
- would the swab 3 days from the encounter be accurate?
- if i have no symptoms 6 months later but i still have that clump on my hard palate, would that be an STD?

but yeah. im getting checked for everything soon. i dont care. past 6 months have been hell. im worried its HIV..i dont know...im so scared

plz answer my questions!

god bless!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-20-2005 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Use proper terminology.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2005, 08:32 AM   #2
(female)

Applehead HB User
Re: biggest mistake ever- HIV?

A routine blood test does not test for HIV or STDs. You have to request these tests or the doc has to have a reason to suspect that you need to be tested for them. I think you should be honest with your doc so you can find out what is truly happening with you. Try and go without your mom if that is a concern.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

lost spirit HB User

Hiv could be many things and there are realy no specific kind of symtoms for it .
Some people get no symtoms at all and some could get them bad enough to get sent to the hospital .
There is only pne way to determine whether or not you have hiv and that is to get a special test that looks for hiv antibodies .
The body makes antibodies to help to fight hiv .
Now , oral sex does carry low risk as far as getting hiv but there are many other kind of STDs that can be passed through oral and if you're having problems or lingering symtoms in general I realy do think you should talk to you're mother and have the doctor run some tests ( just to make sure )

Old 11-20-2005, 08:57 AM   #4
(female)

saywha HB User

but do you maybe kno if youd see symptoms of HIV like 2 days after you got it?

Old 11-21-2005, 06:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

lost spirit HB User

No
Hiv needs an hiv test to determine whether or not you have been exposed to it or not .
You will need an std panal to check for all other STDs and also a special antibody test for hiv .

Old 11-22-2005, 07:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywha
if youd see symptoms of HIV like 2 days after you got it?
No. It is extremely unlikely that any STD (including HIV) would show symptoms after only 2 days. You would probably need at least 1 week.

However, there is clearly something going on with you. To me it does not sound like any type of STD, but only a doctor can tell you that for sure. It is time to go to the doctor and be honest about what happened. Then you can put this behind you once and for all.

Good luck.

Closed Thread