It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
(male)

ashkembi HB User
Symptoms of Genital Warts

I've been developing some symptoms lately, first I sow some red spots on the head of my penis, no pain, but little bot discomfort. I went and sow a doctor, he tested me for herpes and some other STDs, all of them came negative. Then he thought it might be yeast infection and he gave me some cream.

I used that cream for a few days,and I got beter, but every time I have sexual activity (intercorse or masturbation) they come back. 10 days ago, the skin around the head of penis was irritated to, and I noticed some sores, the head of penis was really read, and this happened after masturbation.

This time I had pain also, and i feel tired. I went to another doc, he said it might be genital warts. I had the first freezing done 2 days ago, and now it is so painful and I'm so worried now.

What do you think is it?

Thanks

Old 11-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
(male)

ashkembi HB User
Re: Symptoms of Genital Warts

Please respond to this, I'm really depressed, and I do not know what is going on with me. Today is the third day after wart freezing, and they look incredibely bad.

I'm affraid that it was not genital warts, and freezing is not working in my case.

Can it be genital herpes?

What is the difference between Genital Warts and Herpes?

Help please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
(female)

ChrissyBU HB User

Hey Askembi,

I will try to help you with what I know about these viruses. first, you should go get another opinion about your diagnosis. Don't be scared. It is common with doctors to misdiagnois these viruses. If you are having visible warts then, yes the doctor should be able to diagnose you and treat you accordingly. It is strange to me that you would be treated for warts if you did not have them. It is also a bit discouraging to hear that your doc said they "might" be warts. He should know for sure before treating you. Stop having sex or masturbating until you clear this up.

It is typical after the treatment for the area to be sore or burning. The skin will fall off along with the wart and it will be an open wound. Keep it as clean and dry as possible. Don't put any creams on it. Just let it heal. If you touch the area, make sure that you wash your hands after. You are going to be fine. Stress can make things worse. Try to take a multivitamin and live healthy and you can fight the virus. I have HPV so, I know more about it than herpes.

With herpes, I hear that there is a lot of itching and pain during urination. I have also heard that it can make you tired. Make sure that you ask your doctor if you were indeed tested for Herpes, most of the time, they will not test unless you ask. There is no test for HPV(warts) in men. That is why your doc must look at your symptoms and make a decision. I hope that this helps you. If you are not looking and feeling better in the next few days. I would go back to the doctor. Make sure that you are using condoms as well. Both of these are treatable.

Good luck

Old 11-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
(male)

ashkembi HB User

Hi CrissyBU,

Thanks for your answer, the doctor might have been wrong because the bumps do not look like warts. They are just read, no sores, just red spots on the foreskin and on penis head. I also have a pain deep inside the urethra and abnominal pains. I do not know is this is herpes indicator.

Thanks

Old 11-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
(female)

threethings HB User

Did the doctor test you for Syph and all other STDs?? Just wondering. I would get another opinion though. That doesn't sound like warts at all. Don't worry! That will only make things worse for you. Get an appt right away with someone else and get it all figured out so you can start on the proper treatment. Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Old 11-29-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
(male)

ashkembi HB User

I got tested for all those 4 months ago, and all came negative. What else can it be? I've been reading about balanitis, can it be balanitis?

Old 11-29-2005, 06:47 PM   #7
(female)

threethings HB User

i'm not familiar with what that is. i'd get a second opinion. you shouldn't have to worry about it all the time. that's too much!

Old 11-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

maybe psorisis? Dunno sound like weird symptoms. Doesnt sound anything like gential warts. I would go to a dermatoligist.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:41 PM   #9
(female)

ChrissyBU HB User

Hey Ashkembi,

Yeah, that does not sound like warts but you never know. Warts can be red or flesh colored and slightly raised. You must get another doctor to look at your symptoms and make sure to tell them that you want to be tested for herpes and syphllis... make sure to tell them or they will not test you. I am not a doctor but what your are describing sounds like a urinary or kidney infection. Even more important that you go get checked out ASAP. Both of those can make you really uncomfortable and miserable( and could get much worse without treatment) and you will need antibiotics. Good luck and keep us updated.

Closed Thread