It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
(female)

nohema HB User
Exclamation HIV testing... I need advice

Hi, I really need some advice. This is a recap of my story:
He broke up with me about a month ago after 4 and a half wonderful years and a lot of planing for our future together. I thought we were going to be together forever, he is the only one that undersdands me and the only one who listens to me.

Whatever I did and whenever I went, I felt like I belonged somewhere, I felt like I've found my place. I felt safe no matter what. Now I feel like I’m all alone, like it's me against the world. I know I can do it; I'm a survivor because my mom taught me how to be one. And I won't disappoint her; she died wanting me to have a good life. But I feel alone right now, and I don't feel safe and complete anymore.

The last two months he was really distant, he didn't want to hug me or kiss me or even stay with me for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. He started yelling at me and being a little rude. I knew that there was something on his mind and I'm blaming myself right now for not asking him what was going on, but at the time I just thought that if he thought something was seriously wrong he'd tell me. I feel that if something is really bothering me about a relationship I must confront the other person; I think it's only fair because not only my feelings are on the line but theirs too.The fact that he couldn't/wouldn't talk to me about his feelings, demands and needs only showed me that he didn't trust me as I trust him.

On monday I was ok, I'd accepted that it was over. I wanted to let go of all my anger so I wrote a letter and tore it apart. It worked. I really was at peace. But later that night I found out that he's been cheating on me for a year, maybe more. More than 10 times, with both men and women.

I knew he is bisexual from the beginning, so that isn't the problem. He cheated on me for over a year. When he broke up with me I asked him if he ever cheated on me, and he swore by his dead grandmother that he was always faithful.

One year of lies. One year of kisses and hugs. One year of empty sex. I thought that I was going to treasure my memories of this relationship forever. But now how could I? I feel so used. I was just a façade for his family. He used me for sex. How could he do that to me?

I'm terrified right now. I'm having the STD tests on monday. I'm truly scared to death. I don't know how long it will take to know the results. I won't have any contact with him, I started that on monday night. I don't want anything to do with someone who puts my health at risk. I'm truly terrified. Specialy about the HIV test. I don't care if he's sick but I'm terrified for myself right now. I'm praying.

Help!

Last edited by nohema; 02-09-2006 at 02:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User
Re: HIV testing... I need advice

There are a couple of issue here: first, I think you would be better served if this thread was posted in the HIV/AIDS post only because I think there are people who can better serve you there.

Second, you broke up with him a month ago. When was the last time you had unprotected vaginal or anal sex? In order to know for sure about your HIV status you really should get an HIV test thirteen weeks after your last exposure.

Thirdly, this is a really crappy thing that has happened to you. Even though he's been cheating on you, which is reason enough for him to be drawn and quartered, is there any chance that he has been tested and been tested negative? Hang in there, there are tons of people who will help you through this. chris

Closed Thread