It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #1

trackback HB User
getting the ring around- need anwsers :(

The last few months I have been getting the ring around from hell. All I want is some anwsers and it is proving to be quite a challenge.
So I guess it leaves me here. Here goes:
A few months ago I had to get a LEEP done for cervical dysplasia (sp?). They made me wear pads, because you couldn't wear tampons and I ironically got my period as the LEEP was being done. Anyways two days after the surgery I got a bad rash on both sides of my groin characterized by little cuts that were really shallow and shiny and red. It was really painful and I all around felt like **** because I had my period/had a leep at the same time. When I saw what I saw I immediatly thought oh my god! I have herpes! The reasoning for this is because I equate anything genital that is painful with herpes. Besides that fact...I am hypersensitive about sexually transmitted diseases since being diagnosed with the HPV. I firmly belive I had AIDS and I was dieing and that the HPV would be the death of me as well. I had all the tell tale signs of AIDS too. So I went to the docter and got tested after six months and it was negative. The HPV has never returned after using Aldara once and it has been six months as well. Looking back I realize I was being over dramatic and needed to calm down and worry that I am acting the same way now about what I think is herpes...however I can't ignore actual physical symptoms that I know I have because I have vision.
That said, after I had that rash immediatly after the LEEP I went to the docter. He told me there was nothing for him to swab, and that it was probably from irritation from using the pads or some other problem. I would have like to get there sooner but the rash disapperaed within two or three days and I was on my period so yeah. I was also experincing what I thought was a UTI, but I knew that it may be caused by herpes. So I took a urniary test and it was sent to the lab and came back that I had a urniary tract infection. I went on Anti-biotics and all symptoms dissaperead ( rash/uti/urinary incontinence/muscle spasms). Time went by and I had another UTI that occured by itself ( no rash etc etc). I just ignored it and it eventually went away. Then later on I got the rash again, except it looked completley different( no "tears in the skin" just redness") accompined by the UTI. Once again I am on my period so could not go to the docter. I had two bumps that looked like blisters to me that were not near the redness at all. They were singular and about an inch apart, they just got large and then shrunk down and disapperead, one leaving a scar which was similar to Follicitus scars that I have, one not. I also had discharge that I can only describe as mucosy. One thing that I have noticed about these rashes are that when I have them, any pre-existing follicitus I have gets worse and reddens in the areas around it. The follicitus I know I have because I just know what it looks like and has been confirmed by docters. Some of my follicitus comes and goes and some of it is pretty stubborn. Anyways the thing I know is it always gets worse around my period or with this rash.
Anyways, after the blister experince I went back to the docter. He gave me a cervical swab/vaginal swab/looked at the area and said he could not see anything and everything came back normal. Anything abnormal he pointed out as follicitus. Was prescribed antibiotics YET again for UTI which worked.
So then the next month I had a rash that was just reddness for about three days, then went away. Now the following month I am getting the same thing, rash, enflamed hair follicles, always around my period.
What the hell is going on? Does Herpes cause UTI'S? And if they do why was I put on antibiotics and why did it work? Does herpes allow bacteria to cause UTIS or something????
What is up with the follicitus always getting worse around my period? Or is that caused by herpes too? I know there is a connection but I read it is called "herpetic follicitus" which involves spreading herpes around via shaving? I don't shave anymore due to all this ********.
Why won't the follicitus go away?
Is my docter retarded? I am as thoughrough with him as I am with you guys. He just keeps telling me I need to relax and stop thinking that everything that happens genitally is sexually related. But how can he not see the UTI/rash/follicitus/(cervical dysplasia) correlation that I can?? I think he thinks I am crazy or something...
The only other thing I can think is that this is all caused by follicitus, that it is some form of staph infection ( I have a history of skin staph infections). But I've never heard of this thing happening or getting worse monthly. I know the UTI was caused by bacteria, but why does it keep recurring???
The discharge I mentioned, my docter told me is normal and happens when you have your period/around your period. MUCOUSY discharge though? He told me it looks healthy. I don't think it FEELS healthy this stuff is literally pouring out of me. AHHHHHHHH
I need some help, if any of you have any ideas or suggestions or advice or something it would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: getting the ring around- need anwsers :(

Your doctor seems to be giving good advice, the best I can tell. I guess you are more susceptible to infections like folliculitis around the time of your period. If you are concerned about herpes, you can get a blood test, but I tend to think you don't have it.

Are you having sex now? Protected? With a trusted partner? Some women get UTIs simply from having sex with uninfected partners.

Calm down and relax. See a different gynocologist if you are unhappy.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #3

trackback HB User
Re: getting the ring around- need anwsers :(

I havan't been sexually active for well over eight months due to all this crazyness. So the UTI's arn't being caused by sexual activity.
That said, I just don't know if I think this is herpes because I was previously diagnosed with an STD or if it's because it's an actual reasonable explanation. I think the two correlate though, if I had a previous STD it would make sense that I have another one, or really bad luck.
The thing I need to know is that if UTI'S actually can actually be CAUSED by herpes as in the bacterial kind of UTI'S that people get. I am assuming that is the type of UTI I keep getting based on the Lab refering a specific type of antibiotic for the UTI and it working all times. What I don't know is if herpes cause bacterial UTI's or not. Same with follicitus worsening. I have read numerous times there is a follicitus/UTI- herpes connection. However what I have read is that herpes can make it SEEM like you have a UTI and that the folliculitus is herpetic folliculitus, which is spreading herpes around through hair folliciles when shaving.
There's just alot of confusing information out there. If herpes cause real bacterial UTI'S and follicitus which I suddenly got this year, then I think it would be logical to thiink I have it.

Closed Thread