It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User
very worried about chlamydia

so i went for a pelvic exam/pap smear/STD tests last week....today i receieved a call from the doctor saying i tested positive for chlamydia. i went and got antibiotics this morning but i am extremely afraid of not being able to have children. i seriously have NO idea how long i've had this, it could've been as long 2 years! i haven't been tested in quite some time and i've had unprotected sex with about 6 or more people in the past 3 or so years... i don't know who i would've gotten it from. the doctor said i didn't have any obvious signs of pelvic inflammatory disease during my pelvic exam, but i was on websites that say "PID is often undetected by clinicians." i don't know what i'll do if i can't have kids. i feel like that is my main purpose in life, and my boyfriend would NEVER marry me if he knew that i could be infertile. i am literally freaking out, this is consuming my thoughts.... i feel so stupid for getting chlamydia, my boyfriend is upset with me and now i have to worry about infertility. i don't really know what i'm asking here, just does any one have any advice/answers? anything? please help, i feel very alone.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
(female)

Jenmak HB User
Re: very worried about chlamydia

i had chlamydia too for 8 months until i found out and had it treated. recently i began thinking about infertility because my bf has hinted that he wants kids. i posted in the infertility board on a topic that i think you started. me and the posters had a discussion on that, so you could try looking on that topic to see if theres information that your looking for.

when i had chlamydia i didnt have any symptoms... at least not that i noticed... when is the last time you had your std test other than the one u had a few days ago?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User

gosh, it was a few years ago...maybe 2003? it was a really long time ago... i talked to the doctor today and she said that you cannot be infertile just from chlamydia alone. she said that first it has to turn into PID (which is very painful), and that ususally takes a couple of years. she told me that everything physically "looked ok" and she saw no signs that i had PID. she told me not to worry, and that i would had to have had it for "years"....but thats just what i'm afraid of...that i did have it for years! i know for a fact that i have had it for AT LEAST a year or so, which REALLY freaks me out. i am going to another doctor to get an opinion, and see if i can get treated for PID, even if i DONT have it! i need to do something because this is eating away at me!!

Old 05-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

Your boyfriend shouldn't really be mad at you unless you lied about being std free. For all you know, he could of gave it to you. Even if he didn't, he obviously wasn't concerned about when the last time you were tested for a STD.
I don't think you have too much to worry about if you doctor didn't see any signs of PID.
Just try to see this as a lesson about why it is important to have safe sex, and to get tested regularly.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:17 AM   #5
(female)

Jenmak HB User

hugeworrywart, how did things go with the other doctors?

Old 05-29-2006, 01:28 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Podee HB User

Tell your boyfriend and anyone else you have had unprotected sex with! since you last testing for this. Embarrassing maybe but the health issues come first I hope. Especially in women, the sooner treated the less chance of the complications you mention.

The one and only time I had anything was chlamydia. I took the medicine and the next test was clean. The strange thing was my girlfriend at the time did not have chlamydia even though we had had unprotected sex about a thousand times. So, later, the doctor thought it might have been a false positive for me. But I told her anyway and she went in to get checked.

If you cared enough about the others to have sex with them, you should care enough to look out for their health by telling them.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:57 PM   #7
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User
totally freaking out now...things went ok at the docs, i got doxycycline and i got it for my bf as well, but now i've been experiencing strange pains in my lower abdomen, almost like period cramps. its a pretty dull pain, nothing too outrageous but its still something that i'm concerned about. i screwed up my birth control pills pretty bad this month, so i'm thinking that the cramping may have something to do with it. i asked ANOTHER dr. about PID and she assured me that its all in my head and that i would KNOW if i had it...that i would be in tons of pain. so i guess thats that. now i got called back to the dr.'s office on friday only to hear that my pap came back abnormal. now i'm totally freaking out. she mentioned that it couldve come back abnormal because of HPV/Genital Warts, which freaks me out even more than the chlamydia! i feel like i am losing control of my life, and to be honest, i wish i was still a virgin! i guess i am paying for my mistakes. i have no idea where i wouldve gotten HPV, never had ANY signs of genital warts or anything of that sort. the doctor is doing a test that should come back by this friday to see if my abnormal pap was caused by the HPV virus...i'm hoping that it isn't from that and it just came back abnormal because of something minor. all i can do is pray at this point...i cant wait til all this is over.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:21 AM   #8
(female)

ltad HB User
Unhappy Re: very worried about chlamydia

Iam in the same boat, I did a home test for chlamydia amd although the test results wernt clear it looks like i might have it, ive got an appointment with the dr, prob is ive prob got this from my ex which i spilt up from as he was voilent 2 n half years ago, thing is we used a condom but we did have the condom come off during sex, the thing on my mind them was on my i dont want to be pregnant so i went to the dr's and they gave me the morning after pill, no one said to me that you should also be tested for STi's as well!! specially since ive had no symptoms and did not relise that chlamydia could "hide" like this... thing is my current boyfriend who i love to bits was a virgin before we got together and i was on and still am on depo pro (spelling) injection which is the pill so we have been having unprotected sex for years.. the only reason i done a home test was that i read some scary stuff about chlamydia in the paper and it made me think!! no i feel so bad for my boyfriend how will i ever tell him, he is not gonna be happy, he is so good to me and he doesnt deseave this

Closed Thread