It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
(male)

pleasehelpme83 HB User
Unhappy Tingling Sensation 2 days after unprotected sex

Hello,

Just like everyone else on here I am guessing, I am trying to self diagnose what I may have picked up! I had unprotected sex with a stranger (BAD MOVE I KNOW) last Wednesday evening (June 21). By Friday I already has some tingling in my genital area and on my thighs. On Saturday it reached my lower stomach. It is now Monday and I still itch, but no soars. I went to my Dr and he said he is very positive it is a STD that can be treated with antibiotics and he gave me 2 (one for 2 of these types). I told him I was really concerned with herpes more than the other stds b/c I did not have discharge, and all the websites pretty much say that tingling = herpes. All the less sever STD's (clap) that can be treated do not mention anything about tingling. Am I wrong here? I hate to say this, but I really hope it is the STD's that will go away with antibiotics. My dr was very confident that it is not herpes b/c the symptoms came up way too soon. Is he wrong? Please give me your opinion!!!
Thanks,

Old 06-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
(female)

justasking56 HB User
Re: Tingling Sensation 2 days after unprotected sex

Herpes can start showing 2 to 4 days after thats what happened to my friend

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2006, 04:11 AM   #3
(male)

pleasehelpme83 HB User
Re: Tingling Sensation 2 days after unprotected sex

As an update and followup question. I took my first round of antibiotics yesterday. It is now Tuesday morning and the burning has stopped from my genitals, but I still feel it in my stomach and between my genitals and anus. However, I still do not have any open soars. Would the burning stop and then the soars come way later, or if it APPEARS that the tingling is slowing down, is that a good sign that it may be curable with antibiotics?

Thanks again everyone for looking!

Closed Thread