It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User
cut on vagina...herpes or just a cut???

i already posted in the herpes board, but i guess i'm looking for a different answer. i have what looks and feels like a cut on the inside of my "flap". its about an inch long and hurts to touch. it feels exactly like a cut would, and looks like a cut as well. sometimes when i pee, the urine burns the cut. i just noticed it today, but i've been feeling itchy "down there" for about a week or two and it's almost been burning. i just thought i was itchy, and nothing else, but when i looked i noticed the cut which is surrounded by red, irritated skin. it doesn't look like a blister or a pimple at all. the best way i can describe it is that it looks like someone took a sharp knife and slit the inside of the flap. i had my boyfriend look at it and he said not to worry, that it was probably just from itching it so much or perhaps from rough sex. i don't really know what to think. i get oral herpes on my lips, so i'm not sure if SOMEHOW it transferred to my vagina, but i think that's doubtful considering that i am VERY careful when i have blisters on my lips. i've never ever had anything like this...and it hurts like a bi*ch, for lack of better words. my boyfriend has never had anything like this either and was a virgin before me. i've been with a few other guys, but that was almost a year and a half ago. i know that herpes can lay dormant in your system, but i get oral herpes quite often, so why would one lay dormant and the other not?? i just dont really know what else to do! i looked this up and it keeps taking me to "vaginal fissures" and "genital herpes." if anyone has any more information or similar problems, PLEASE write back...that would help me a whole lot. thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
(female)

Bubba_Ho_Tep HB User
Re: cut on vagina...herpes or just a cut???

Hey,

From what you've described, it does just sound like you might have just damaged the tissue somehow. It makes sense that it would feel so sore, after all, the skin in that area is pretty sensitive! I would leave it for a few days and see if it begins to improve/heal at all, and in the mean time, try not to scratch it or anything because obviously that'll just cause more irritation.

Keep a close eye on it, and if it doesn't seem like it's healing, I'd get it checked by a doctor.

Last edited by Bubba_Ho_Tep; 09-16-2006 at 11:03 AM.

Closed Thread