It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
(female)

cfb202 HB User
Exclamation still pain during sex, AFTER being treated for chlamydia

i was diagnosed with chlaymida a couple of weeks ago. i took the anitbiotics which was four pills taken at once. my boyfriend and i didnot have sex for two weeks untill we knew that he has clear and before that we used condoms anyway. he was clear and for the first time since i was diagnosed and treatted two weeks ago we have sex, but it was still painfull. could i still have chlamydia or could it be something else i am really worried. the pain is not deep i just get very tender around the outside and just inside my virgina. lubrication is not a problem. please please help cos this is making me miserbale and this is a new relationship and would really like to enjoy the sex with out the pain,

Old 09-17-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

punkybear HB User
Re: still pain during sex, AFTER being treated for chlamydia

The antiobitics could have given you a yeast infection. Go back to the doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User

i had the SAME thing happen...however i had chlaymdia for almost 2 years. i was still in pain and went to the doc. found out i had pelvic inflammatory disease from not being treated soon enough. go get checked...its better that way

Old 09-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #4
(female)

cfb202 HB User

oh gosh! thanks i went to the gum clinic on monday and they are testing me for everything again, they said i defo have thrush, but when she did the swab she made me bleed, is this normal for you to be so tender with just thrush?
anyway she has given me the pessaries to insert for 6 days. i have done two days so far but woke up this morning and was bleeding again. is this just from where she cut me or not? do you think i should still continue with the treatment?
god i hate all thins i wish i was just better. i am so sore at the mo. it kinda feels scratchy inside, i know that is a weird way to describe it but do you think that is just because of the cut?

sorry to ask so many questions, but my doc just keeps saying wait but im worried incase it could be something else could waiting damage me more

please help again

Old 09-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User

well, i was never really scratchy, i just had a pain deep inside me when my boyfriend would penetrate too far. also, i was very sore during my pelvic exam which made me worry a little. its very possible that you could be hurting from thrush. i've never had it, but i can tell you that PID really sucks and should DEFINITELY be treated ASAP, especially if you want to have children in the future. i would just wait and see what the doc says before you freak. however, i had to bring up Pelvic Inflammatory Disease to my doctor because there is no real way to test for it. just explain your symptoms IN DETAIL and he or she should know what do to from there. request Azythromycin. It's a great antibiotic that will get rid of ANY bacterial infection, including chlamydia, pelvic inflammatory disease, and just about any other bacterial infection. its a short dose, only about five days and it really makes things A LOT better. good luck...keep me posted. hope all turns out well

Last edited by hugeworrywart; 09-22-2006 at 04:49 PM.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

punkybear HB User

Hugeworrywort- what were your other symptoms of PID if you don't mind me asking?

Old 09-24-2006, 10:03 AM   #7
(female)

cfb202 HB User

[QUOTE=hugeworrywart]well, i was never really scratchy, i just had a pain deep inside me when my boyfriend would penetrate too far. also, i was very sore during my pelvic exam which made me worry a little. its very possible that you could be hurting from thrush. i've never had it, but i can tell you that PID really sucks and should DEFINITELY be treated ASAP, especially if you want to have children in the future. i would just wait and see what the doc says before you freak. however, i had to bring up Pelvic Inflammatory Disease to my doctor because there is no real way to test for it. just explain your symptoms IN DETAIL and he or she should know what do to from there. request Azythromycin. It's a great antibiotic that will get rid of ANY bacterial infection, including chlamydia, pelvic inflammatory disease, and just about any other bacterial infection. its a short dose, only about five days and it really makes things A LOT better. good luck...keep me posted. hope all turns out well[/QUOTE

feeling better, think it was just thrush but i have not had sex since being treated. the pain was not deep like you explained it out side and around the opening.

the antibiotics you suggested was what i was perscribed anyway for the chlamydia, so if i had PDI, would that have cleared it up at the same time? i had to take four tablets of it all at once ???????

Old 09-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #8
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User

yes, if you took azithromycin, then it definitely cleared up chlamydia. the azithromycin ALSO takes care of PID so you are fine.

Punkybear--as for my signs of PID: keep in mind that i had chlamydia for a LONG time without knowing. well, i kind of knew that something was wrong, but didnt exactly have the money at the time to go to the doctor so i kept putting it off.... anyways, here were my symptoms

-sense of pressure in my hip bones, almost like a constant "ache"
-thick foamy greenish discharge
-lots of pain during sex
-lots of pain when my gyno gave me a pelvic exam, especially when she touched my uterus

i just knew something was up, i didn't feel "normal", if that makes any sense. did you have chlamydia?? if so, how long?? what antibiotics did they treat you with? i took doxycycline and it DID NOT get rid of my chlamydia. went back and the doc retested me, it wasn't gone, so then i really started wondering about PID. i asked her about it and she asked me how long i had the chlamydia. i told her FOR SURE over a year maybe even as long as 2 years. (horrible, i know). she asked my symptoms again and said its very possible that the chlamydia bacteria made its way into my fallopian tubes and started creating scar tissue, which would explain the sense of pressure i was having in my pelvis. she said the discharge was most likely from the chlamydia since it WASNT treated properly and the pain during sex could either be from the chlamydia or from the scar tissue that is created as a result of PID. she didn't want to take any chances, so she put me on azithromycin to clear up the chlamydia AND PID, if i even had it. i am pretty sure i had PID because at my last visit (after the chlamydia had been cleared up for quite some time) my doctor pulled on my uterus and asked if it hurt. it definitely hurt enough for me to squirm a little. she was a little concerned because it should not hurt a woman to have her uterus tugged on a little during a visit. she said its possible that the scar tissue is being pulled when she tugs on my uterus and is causing me discomfort, which would also explain the aches i am having in my pelvis. sorry, i hope this isnt confusing, i was just trying to go into as much detail as possible so you could fully understand my situation. i am only 21, and i am REALLY afraid that i wont be able to have children. for now, i am just keeping my fingers crossed and getting checked every 4 months. i am faithful to my boyfriend, and he is faithful to me. i just wish i could rewind back and not make the mistake of sleeping with guys with no protection. you really can't trust anyone! you live, you learn.

Last edited by hugeworrywart; 09-25-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

punkybear HB User

Hugeworrywort- Thank you for responding. I was wondering because I have read some pretty scary stuff about chlamydia and now I am worried because let's just say I had about a year in my life that I am ashamed of because I went through a promiscuous period. I tested negative for chlamydia before and after that (I get tested once a year) but I have heard that you can clear it up in a few months and never know it but still have damage. I had a green discharge one time but it was only one time so it might have been a fluke. I looked down after going to the bathroom and (sorry if tmi) there was dark green stuff on the toilet paper. Was yours like this? I am also afraid that I had PID at one time even though my chlamydia test was negative. I am like you- scared to death of being infertile but I heard most chlamydia infections don't end up making you infertile. Also, your pain- was it down lower or off to the sides of your belly button? I don't think your "female" organs go that high but that is actually mostly where my pain was. Just under the belly button on both sides.

Last edited by punkybear; 09-26-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:48 AM   #10
(female)

ltad HB User

Well I might of had chlamydia for 3yrs + and ive had no symptoms at all, I only done a home test as I read some scary things in the paper about it, which made me think specially as i didnt know you could get something like this without symptoms so i done a test last week which wasnt clear but looks positive which iam scared about :-( ive got my dr's appointment tomorrow thing is since last week I have mild pain down below mine is like either side just below the belly button as well iam so scared I might be infertile now as ive had it for so long but iam trying to be optimistic as ive just having this symptom iam hoping ive not screwed up my chance to have kids, i know it would end my relationship with my soul mate who i love so much as he wants kids in the future to carry on his family name as he is the only male to carry it, if i cant give him kids, my life is distroyed :-(

Last edited by ltad; 09-27-2006 at 04:50 AM.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

punkybear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltad
Well I might of had chlamydia for 3yrs + and ive had no symptoms at all, I only done a home test as I read some scary things in the paper about it, which made me think specially as i didnt know you could get something like this without symptoms so i done a test last week which wasnt clear but looks positive which iam scared about :-( ive got my dr's appointment tomorrow thing is since last week I have mild pain down below mine is like either side just below the belly button as well iam so scared I might be infertile now as ive had it for so long but iam trying to be optimistic as ive just having this symptom iam hoping ive not screwed up my chance to have kids, i know it would end my relationship with my soul mate who i love so much as he wants kids in the future to carry on his family name as he is the only male to carry it, if i cant give him kids, my life is distroyed :-(
Itad, I wouldn't worry too much. First of all, those home kits are not very reliable and second of all I think that it is very rare to have chlamydia for over three years. I personally think you are going to be fine.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:22 AM   #12
(female)

ltad HB User

Well went to the dr's she thinks iam getting all wound up about nothing at the moment at has told me to go to the GUM clinic.. just rang them up for a oppointment and they are very rude grrrrrrrrrrr iam not looking forward to this, can anyone tell me what they do there to test me and i dont want a male dr to do the exam on me.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #13
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User

my pain was mostly in my hips...not by my bellybutton. and it is possible to have had chlamydia for 3 years, because i had it for 1-2 years. your body just wont get rid of it, it just gets worse as time goes on. get it treated asap. i'm sure we are all just worrying more than is necessary. i've heard of people having children after having chlamydia, so i wouldnt worry until you actually try without success. even then, there are so many things that doctors can do to help us get pregnant. i hope we are all fine and do not have any problems having children. it is such a scary thought and i wouldnt wish it upon ANYONE...

Closed Thread