It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #1
(male)

Cheeseburger1 HB User
Musculum

Alright so I was diagnosed with Musculum awhile ago (they are like genital warts, but they aren't warts), and have gone for 3 appointments over the last 6 months to have freezings.

I have been told that musculum doesn't really ever go away. I have been told that even though freezing kills the breakouts, they will recur again later.

So I don't know what to do because I am with someone now, and we have slept together before my current breakout. I know protection is a good thing, but I'm not really sure if it will help much in this situation, considering its on the skin in my general genital area, and i contracted it while wearing a condom last year.

So..since musculum never really goes away, I don't really know what to do..I mean...Should I just not have sex ever again or only after treatments have been successful or what..

Old 03-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #2
(male)

TheVirusInside HB User
Re: Musculum

I hear ya my friend, I am in the same predicament as you are.
I am recently getting into a new relationship, and I am not sure what to do. I mean, I went for freezing 3 weeks ago, and most of them cleared up, to an extent, but now the red marks/scars left after freezing are twice as bad, and have been told that it can take up to 3 years for them to fade, well, doesn't that look great eh...looks like I have genital herpes for the next 3 years or something, sounds amazing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
(male)

alone_forever HB User

in the same boat here. except i think the doctor thinks i got a double dose of hpv and molluscum. lucky me. The cryo scars do fade, but i think they take longer on the thighs, at least for me they do. As for my feeling on relationships, well my handle pretty much sums it up.

basically everyone tells me that when you find the right one, she wont care what you have. But for some reason I have a hard time believing that. Suicide is on my mind a lot these days...

Old 03-15-2007, 01:41 AM   #4
(male)

TheVirusInside HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alone_forever View Post
in the same boat here. except i think the doctor thinks i got a double dose of hpv and molluscum. lucky me. The cryo scars do fade, but i think they take longer on the thighs, at least for me they do. As for my feeling on relationships, well my handle pretty much sums it up.

basically everyone tells me that when you find the right one, she wont care what you have. But for some reason I have a hard time believing that. Suicide is on my mind a lot these days...
You know, normally i'd be saying dude, don't think like that things Do get better...but latley, I don't think that's the case, I've been more miserable now then I ever have been and things just seem to get worse, geez I should be over in the depression fourm talking like this, but i've just been re-evaluating my life these last couple days and actually realizing how things really aren't getting any better.

But, to remain back on topic here, these bumps are spreading on me alright, they're on my chest and my left arm now, wonderful! It must be my towel or something, when I dry myself off they must spread from the residue on the towel after I have a shower. At this rate i'd be doing a hell of a lot of laundry if I went though 1 towel a day.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:57 AM   #5
(female)

alonemom HB User

Ok, just to put things in perspective for you two, this DOES go away and it does NOT come back unless you come in contact with it again. You can have the virus for years and sometimes you can go a long time within those years without having an outbreak (I have heard), but once it is gone it is gone for good, it does not stay dormant in your body like herpes. It is most like a wart virus. Most kids get warts on their hands when they are younger but they eventually go away on their own and don't come back later in life unless they have touched somebody with them, it's kind of like that concept. Don't get me wrong this is the worst thing I have ever gone through in my life, but I have had it for 8 months now and if I have to have it for longer I can't live my life all down hearted.

TheVirusInside: I use paper towels to dry off, because you're right the laundry is awfull for me lately, and it will definitely help with the spreading.

Cheeseburger1: Did a derm. tell you that it will never go away because I have never heard that from anybody? While you have this, no I would not have sex because you will most likely spread it to her. I would be open with her. Myself being a girl, I would be understanding and glad to know it is something that will go away, girls don't mind waiting as much as a guy (speaking personally).

Everybody hang in there and I hope this has helped a little!

Old 08-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #6
(male)

justalittletime HB User

Are there any treatments that can make it go away faster. Or At least you can take once it has gone away to prevent an outbreak...for example, like Valtrex? I don't know anything about this, and it's my first time. I was just diagnosed. A girl gave it to me and didn't tell me when we were going out at the time. So I guess I'm pretty much screwed out of relationships now?

Closed Thread