It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

alonemom HB User
internal warts?

I was wondering how possible it is that I contracted genital warts from a partner. I was with him 3 years ago and only had sex once. He then, after me, dated a girl I know for a year and she got a pap and it came back that she had internal warts.

Is it likely she got it from someone else and didn't know about it for years because they were internal, or did she most likely get it from the guy I was with?

If he did have it, how likely is it that I have it?

I'm so concerned, but after 3 or 4 years and normal paps, should I be?

Thanks so much to anyone who responds!

Old 03-21-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User
Re: internal warts?

Hi, there really is no way of telling who the girl got the internal warts from. You can have the HPV virus for years and then out of the blue develop warts.

The thing is, so many people who are sexually active have HPV (this is the virus that can make warts develop on the vagina etc, or can give you cervical cell changes) so if you have slept with more than one person it can be virtually impossible to tell who you have gotten it from.

You ask how lightly is it that you have HPV? That is also hard to tell, but HPV is very common. Some studies say that up to 80% of sexually active people have had HPV at one time in their lives.

I would say that as long as your smears are coming back normal that is all you need to bother about. If you have had smear tests your doctor or nurse would see if there were any internal warts. So don't worry about this! x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
(female)

alonemom HB User
Re: internal warts?

Thank you so much Malibu,
You're right I can't sit around worrying about something I don't have (so I think). The reason I am concerned is because I picked up molluscum contagiosum somewhere or from someone, so now I feel like I have every std under the sun. I have been tested for everything, but hpv is the only one that is not ever definite. I'm done worrying though and I will just keep up with my paps. Thanks again!

Closed Thread