It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
(male)

ctrl-alt-del HB User
Unhappy Friend has warts - I want to help, but don't know how

One of my best friends has warts - I don't know which kinds but I think he said he had (or still has them) in his genital area and his hands and lately he's been getting really down and I cannot seem to induce a sense of hope in him anymore. At first he was optimistic but now no matter how hard I try, he is getting more and more depressed.

How would I talk to a person in a state such as this? What kind of things would I tell him/her? How can I make them feel comfortable with their condition and accept it for the time being (while being optimistic and believing in a possible cure)?

Also - is there a chance I can get the disease myself if I spend time with an infected person? I do not shun my friend off when he deliberately or accidentally touches me, but the fact that this disease is contagious has created some OCD type thoughts in me. I don't know anything about how it is transmitted.

However, it is most important to me right now to help my friend get out of his misery and depression and then get back to doing some regular activities we used to do together and see his condition improve.

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
(male)

Master Yoda HB User
Re: Friend has warts - I want to help, but don't know how

I get warts on my arms/legs. They seem to come and go, and when I went to see my doctor he said there is nothing he can do. I go to the walk in clinics and they freeze them off, but can scar.

I may even consider buying some herbal products on the Internet. I know they are probably some sort of scam but, I don't know what to do, and there is a money back guarantee for some products.

I am considering seeing a naturpathic doctor as my doctor has not helped.

good luck to your friend and it is nice you are supportive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread