It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
(male)

pastywhitefranc HB User
Red face STD questions. Should I Be Worried????

Well to start things off I will provide a little bit of background information ofr my question/story. I am a 19 year old college student and I grew up pretty sheltered from the sexual world because of other issues...but anyways I went to college and met this one girl I was really interested in and we hung around together for a bit and then had sex and have been together for nearly a year now. Although this question has popped into my mind several times and has plagued me on and off for days at a time I just refuse to try and believe in it because I really trust, believe, and love this girl I am with. When I first had sex with her I realized her vagina terrible. She had secreted this odor in the room, but I went with it anyways. She has been much more sexually active then I have and I just get worried about any possible infections or STDS. That first night she had also secreted a sort of grayish milky juice, but I just took it for her to be very "hyped up." Well, I have gone into her now without a condom and I really love her, which I guess is what would possibly blind me from any issues , but my question is....how can I tell if I have anything and how do I know what her issue might be? Any hints,tips, or answers would really help and I appreciate any guidance whatsoever. Thank you!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-10-2007 at 07:27 AM. Reason: TMI.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User
Re: STD questions. Should I Be Worried????

First off - be open with her. If you have questions about her sexuality, theres no better one to ask but her. How long has it been since you first had unprotected sex with her? To be tested for STD's, doctors usually suggest a 2 week incubation period - this is for STD's such as chlamydia and gonorreah. The doctors will do a swab for these infections, and results could be delivered to you within 2-5 days.

To me, with the symptoms you have described it sounds like she may have bacterial vaginosis. This is not an STD (well, not one like chlamydia or gonorreah). It is caused by an imbalance of bacteria (good and bad) in the vagina. This changes the pH balance and results in symptoms such as grey-ish discharge and a fishy odor - these symptoms tend to get worse after sexual intercourse. Bacterial vaginosis can pop uo at any time - its like a yeast infection - humidity, stress, etc can cause this. It may, however, be passed to males. Generally males are asymptomatic - they don't tend to show symptoms.

This is easily cleared up with a dose of antibiotics - she needs to get in to see her doctor to get treatment - this will not go away on its own.

Hope this helps!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

As far as I know, a really bad smell down there is not a symptom of any STD. It's more likely the result of either A) bad hygeine or B) a bacterial problem, like s3xb0mb said.

Problem A can be solved by trying to get her to take a shower or bath with you before you have sex, B requres her to go to the doctor and get properly diagnosed and treated. Unfortunately, it sounds more like a bacterial problem and I can't think of any nice way to bring that up with her.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User

pasty -

Does your girlfriend go for her annual pap tests? A test such as this will swab the cervix and surrounding areas. Some doctor's won't automatically also test for STD's, but either way - the way they culture either specimen will show bacterial vaginosis - assuming this is what she has.

Any female who is sexually active should have these tests anually. They are a great way to keep on top of your vaginal health, and also screening for cervical cancer.

I wasn't sure if she goes in for pap tests every year - but I'm trying to think up options that you might be able to bring up to her to that may result ina medical finding that could help both her and you in the long run.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
(female)

guiltridden101 HB User

the smell that you mentioned could be a simple fact that she is overly washing, this can cause a fishy smell that will get worse if she contiues to wash too much, whats happening is that the freindly bacteria in the vagina is being washed away therefore making the condition worse, she needs to give the friendly bacteria time to re establish itself and then the smell will go.
It's always best to both get tested for std's before intiating sexual intercourse but as that has happened anyway then you should both go for a screening to check it all out, there's absolutely no shame in that and she will probably be glad that you have been adult enough to suggest it, i'm sure she's well aware of this problem too... good luck

Old 09-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User

I had something to add - for continuous vaginal healthcare, taking lactobacillus acidophillus is good for maintaining a proper pH and bacterial balance. This will help prevent future yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis and urinary tract infections.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

This is great advise that will help us all, men and women. I would like to add that, one way of getting her to the doctor, is telling her that you think you might have an infection (yeast) and may have past it on to her. If she ask what would the symptoms be, being smell/discharge..Get her to go with you, if not with you, atleast she will go! Hopefully if she has what the other poster has said, the doctors will catch it.
Saying you have the problem, putting the blame on yourself in order to get her there. Just another thought.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

you don't get a fishy smell from washing too much.....

a fishy smell comes from an infection.....bacterial vaginosis

Closed Thread