It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
(female)

patjoetay_06 HB User
Is it an STD, or just a yeast infection?

I slept with a friend of mine that I've known my whole life. It was unexpected, but it seems to be that right after this happened, i got what I thought was a yeast infection. I've had one before, but it wasnt this painful. It itches like crazy, burns, and I have painful urination. Again, signs of a yeast infection? But I found it bizarre that it appeared right after I slept with him. This was last weekend, and it appeared within 2 days. I'm scared outta my mind that it could be an STD such as herpes or whatever. I'm only 22, is my foolish mistake gonna make me pay from now on?

Old 09-15-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
(female)

marchmomi2b HB User
Re: Is it an STD, or just a yeast infection?

Go to your doctor they will give you diflucan its a pill, and that should take care of it. Until you go drink plenty of water.

If its herpes youd have bumps appearing.

Sounds like a common urine infection/yeast infection. Dont worry too much about it, as they occur in a womans life who havent even had sex yet. It happens when certain bacteria flourishes because of another added element, possibly his penis, and bacteria he was carrying. Your good bacteria is run over by the bad. Like I said don't worry about it, just talk to you gyne about it.

I would recommend monistat but I have had very bad outcomes with that, where it only got worse, or I had an allergic reaction.

Always use a condom.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User
Re: Is it an STD, or just a yeast infection?

It does sound like you just have a yeast infection with a possible urinary tract infection. Diflucan is a great medication for yeast infections; it's a one-time tablet that should clear it all up. For your urinary tract infection, however, proper medication needs to be taken as these will not clear up on their own. The doctor can perform a simple urine test where they will check the pH balance - or in some cases may just give you a perscription for it anyways.

I would suggest going to doctor and while you bring up your concerns of a yeast infection and urinary tract infection, also request a general STD swab - for chlmaydia and gonorreah. These swabs are most effective when performed at least 2 weeks after sexual intercourse as you will have given any possible diseases enough time to establish themselves in your system.

Over the counter treatments for yeast infections, such as Monistat, can be helpful, but sometimes women may tend to go for the 1- or 3-day treatments and they may not clear it all up. The 7-day treatments are better - but if given the option of the Diflucan pill (which is only available via perscription), I'd go for that.

To help prevent these infections from coming back, get on a routine of taking Lactobacillus acidophillus. These tablets will balance out the good bacteria in both your digestive system as well as your urogenital system.

Closed Thread