It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
(female)

lmx98 HB User
chlamydia left untreated...help please? any advice or preexperiences?

So, i just found out that i have chlamydia. I'm trying to get pregnant and I had to get a papsmear, which i have never gotten one done. Very stupid, I know. I'm in my early mid 20's. The results came positive. I never imagined I would have anything. I should've tested anyhow. I've only been married for less than 2 1/2 years so i know i've been untreated that long. I don't have any problems with my husband...like cheating and stuff. It was before when there were two other guys that i did have incidents with--4 years ago. I've been with my husband for over 6 years though, on and off. Anyhow, I've never been tested and now that i found out, what am i going to do? I'm scared because i have been untreated for over 2 years. Can someone help me or let me know what are the next steps after treating chlamydia? I'm afraid my reproductive system is completely damaged and my husband. I don't know....I'm just in shocked. I'm afraid to tell my husband as well, but he needs to be treated too. I read a thread where they shared pills. Is that okay? Probably not. I'm really worried now.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: chlamydia left untreated...help please? any advice or preexperiences?

You have to tell your husband. Don't even think about sharing your prescription. If you've had it for that long, he should be totally understanding. He might be upset at first (no one wants to hear they have an std) but he'll get over it. And who's to say he wasn't the one who gave it to you years ago? Unless he was a virgin, it's completely possible...

As for what happens now, take your medication (all of it) and ask your doc to see if there's any way they can tell what damage it's done (if any). Left untreated it can cause PID and fertility problems. I have no idea how long that takes for that to actually happen, but you'd think your doc could check for signs. Especially since you are trying to get pregnant.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
Re: chlamydia left untreated...help please? any advice or preexperiences?

Yes, you need to tell your husband asap and do not share pills ever!
Follow all of your Dr.'s orders and make sure to see her/him on a regular basis.
Hopefully you can get recovered and your husband needs to get checked out/tested asap too. You can get reinfected!
There can be serious reproductive health problems if left untreated, so make a list of questions for your Dr. since you may want to start a family.
Wish you the best.

Closed Thread