It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User
Real quick question please reply

I went to the doc on Tuesday with what I thought was a spider bite on my hairline down there. Doc says its herpes. I haven't had sex in approx 5 months. So I told my ex boyfriend immediately out of the docs office and he went to get tested. He called me today and said that his blodd work came back that he has herpes. He also said that the doc told him that he is not contagious and has been exposed to the virus. Is this true? Could I poissbily have had this forever and this be my first outbreak? Or is it possible that his doc doesnt know what he's talking about and he could have given it to me unknowingly?

Please help

Old 03-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Real quick question please reply

Okay, it could be the doctor meant he wasn't contagious right at that moment. It's a virus that comes and goes. Or, it could be that he isn't infected, but he has antibodies because he was exposed through you.

Still, it doesn't usually just pop up out of nowhere after 5 months, and the first outbreak is usually pretty bad. Were you really run down at the time you got the "bite?" Did your doctor do some lab tests to confirm that you have herpes? It does all sound a bit fishy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User

Yes, I have been the most stressed out I have ever been in my entire life. Run down wasn't even the word for it. But yes I had a swab test. And the stress started way before I had this "outbreak" When I explained to my doc that I hadnt had sex in 5 months, he said that people can go years without a symptom, and now I'm just confused as to where I got it. Yes this was painful which was why I went to the doc in the first place. It was red, and had tiny little bumps on top of the red place and it was itchy yet burning at the same time. Sorry if that was graphic

PS. Could he have cheated on me 5 months ago? He is my ex, we broke up in the beginning on December and I havent been with anyone else.

Last edited by thesouth1980; 03-07-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User

I should also mention that I've had these "spider bites" for a few years, only this time was private area. My mother said something to me the day before I decided to go to the doc and asked why I keep getting bit by spiders. I never had this on my area down there. The last time I had the red place with little bumps on it, was on the side of my elbow and before that was on my thigh. Could I have had herpes all this time? If so, I feel terrible that I may have infected him too

Old 03-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Okay, if you have herpes, the virus lives in you forever, but most of the time, your body keeps it under control to the point you have no symptoms. But, sometimes the virus has a good day, or your immune system has a bad day, and you get an outbreak. Stress can trigger them.

It might be tough to figure out exactly who gave it to whom. Ultimately, the more important question is, what next?

Maintaining your health (eating right, exercising, sleeping, managing stress) can help you avoid outbreaks, and there are drugs that can help, too. Also, you should be careful not to spread it to future partners.

Condoms, every time, symptoms or no, for all sexual contact (not just intercourse)

Old 03-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #6
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User

I probably should because I dont eat right and stressed all the time. Especially in the last 4 months. Even more so now that I have herpes.

Closed Thread