It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

jesyka488 HB User
Unhappy Newbie: Young, Scared and need Reassurance..

It has been very nerve wrecking these past couple of weeks..
I went for a colpo about 3 weeks ago and this Monday, which was my birthday, I received a phone call from my gyno saying I had CINII/III and need to schedule an appointment for a LEEP. Happy 20th! I haven't stopped crying ever since. I've researched up and down on this board and have read a mix crowd of responses. Even a client in my office had 3 LEEP procedures done to her! It can't be that effective as doctors rave it to be? Also, I have been with my boyfriend for a year and I would like to eventually start a family of my own. I feel like I could be running out of time at this point. I am so terrified. I don't know what's going to happen in my life and this makes me extremely nervous and scared. My sister had a baby when she was 21 and keeps telling me to wait until I'm in my 30's for a family, but I'm not even sure if I'll even have that option by then. I know I seem very pessimistic, but how can you not be with the scariness and severity of the situation?
Please, someone, anyone, some reassurance would be great...
Thanks for listening..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
(female)

mystery chick29 HB User
Smile Re: Newbie: Young, Scared and need Reassurance..

Maybe my story can help you. In 2001, at 22 years old I had my first abnormal pap, and for the next 7 years I underwent colposcapy after colposcapy, and paps every 6 months, for 7 years, without any real progression on the dysplasia. I finally made the decision to undergo a LEEP procedure 2 weeks ago. Honestly, I had it done in my doctor's office under local anaestesia, and while its not comfortable, it is painful, it wasn't the worst thing I've ever experienced, and it only took about 20 minutes. I laid in the exam room for about 20 minutes afterwards and then drove myself home. The first day I had severe cramps and some bleeding, but since then I've had no discomfort and the heavy clear discharge I was experiencing stopped 3 days ago. I spoke with my doctor and the lab results showed CIN II-III. She said she removed about 1 cm more than she needed to just to ensure the margins were clean, and they were. I was also told most women do not have any problems getting pregnant and carrying to term after a leep. I asked my doctor about some of the symptoms mentioned on the board, painful sex, excessive bleeding, etc... She said she had never had any client complain about those types of complications in the past, unless there was an infection. I've followed my doctor's orders to the letter, and have not had any problems. I'm following the orders of no sex for 4-6 weeks. I had plans to go away next weekend with a man I've been dating, but we rescheduled for the end of the month, he's got to travel for business, and I'm going to be in Florida for vacation, so it worked out. All I can say is my experience has been pretty uneventful, so while I completely understand your concern, talk to your doctor, discuss your concerns, and if you feel confident in your doctor's abilities you should proceed with the Leep, its the best thing for your long term health.

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread