It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
(male)

gerard17 HB User
Unhappy itchy, bumpy rash on penis - genital herpes?

hi everyone, i am a 17 year old seeking some help on my coditions that i just recently woke up with. at about 4:15am saturday, i woke up and i i was itchy in my groin area and on my penis. it has now been 2 days, and i have these bumps on my shaft, they are not releasing any liquids, they are just itchy...what are some products or home remedies i can use to take away the pain and itchyness, i put some tea tree oil on it, but i cant tell if its working... i am unsure on what it is..im hoping it is only poison ivy because i usually catch it for the first time in april every year.

much help would be appreciated,
thanks.

Last edited by gerard17; 04-20-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
(female)

Catharine2 HB User
Re: teen just looking for some help on condition.

It is impossible for us to tell you whether or not it is herpes based on a description. Does herpes itch?? Yes. Is it bumps?? For some people. Does that mean you have herpes?? Not necessarily.

Herpes is transmitted via skin on skin contact with someone who has the virus. Have you recently had this type of contact?? Oral sex with someone who gets cold sores??

The only way you can find out for sure is to see a doctor. You need to get there quick, while the sores are still fresh. Go tomor to the walk-in and have them swab the sores.

It could be lots of things. As you say, poison ivey, another type of rash, hives, etc. Don't panic until you know you have it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
(male)

gerard17 HB User
Re: teen just looking for some help on condition.

thanks catharine,

i have had contact with a girl last night, but only a few kisses, and she touched my penis for a short moment, so i will be going to see a doctor by tomorrow or tuesday. i have thoughts that it isnt herpes, which i have been told that herpes releases a liquid, which the tiny bumps have not, they are just there. and have a little itch. so im thinking and hoping its nothing major.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
(male)

gerard17 HB User
Exclamation itchy, bumpy rash on shaft

it all started with itchiness in my anus..

friday night, i went to a party, i was in and out of this house multiple times, i ended up making out with this girl, who had only put her hand on my penis for a very short period of time, then she left it alone, we had continued to make out. by the time everyone had to go, i was feeling totally fine. i had came home, and i masturbated, when i was done, i seemed fine. i had gone upstairs and i watched some tv on my couch, my couch is wooly/cotten, and the dog runs around outside for hours, and sleeps on the couch sometimes. i ended up passing out on the couch, by about 4am my penis is very itchy, not thinking as i was still half asleep, i scratch and scratch..i take a look, nothing there.

i get up, go to my room, and finish my sleep..when i wake up in the morning, i look down at myself..and my penis has these little red bumps on it. with a little redness on my testicles.

i have not itched since, but it is very irritating. i have no clue what to do, home remedies? or travel the 4 hours to go see my doctor? which i may have to wait for my mother to ocme get me cause i am not of age to drive.

i need any and all helpful input.
thanks

Last edited by gerard17; 04-20-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: itchy, bumpy rash on shaft

Do you live near a pharmacy/drug store? Try some some jock-itch powder/cream, or buy diaper rash cream for babies and apply. It's safe and doesn't cost much. There are other things you can buy, but I don't know what you might have. Hopefully you didn't get herpies from this girl, or some other std. Did you have intercourse? Did she press/rub herself again you?
I would try some over the counter meds for genital rash's, and if those don't work, you should see your family doctor. You mentioned the dog being in the house? On the couch? you could have picked the rash up from the dog? In the mean time, try using corn starch powder to help the itching, and stay a way from perfumed soaps and lotions.

Last edited by cleansweap; 04-21-2008 at 06:47 AM.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
(male)

gerard17 HB User
Re: itchy, bumpy rash on shaft

i did not have intercourse with this girl, and if i were to get any type of herpes, it would only be the mouth. and symptoms shouldnt show up in under 24 hours..so it cant be herpes.

so i went to the walk in clinic. he said it was either a rash caused by fabric, or he said they were a type of wart. i had warts before on my elbow and hands. but on my penis, this is a first, i sure hope they aren't genital warts, i dont think they are causee they are very tiny. also, i am expecting a call tonight or tomorrow from the dermatologist and hopefully can get properly checked.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Not too sure what it is. i really need some help with this!!!

If it was poison ivy you would know for sure! lol.. It sound like, just a normal rash/genital pumps that some of us get from time to time. Try some jock itch powder/cream, that's what it could be. Have you changed soaps or lotions? No sexual activities? What about lubes when masturbating? Sometimes those can irratate our skin.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
(female)

minx1974 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard17 View Post
hi everyone, i am a 17 year old seeking some help on my coditions that i just recently woke up with. at about 4:15am saturday, i woke up and i i was itchy in my groin area and on my penis. it has now been 2 days, and i have these bumps on my shaft, they are not releasing any liquids, they are just itchy...what are some products or home remedies i can use to take away the pain and itchyness, i put some tea tree oil on it, but i cant tell if its working... i am unsure on what it is..im hoping it is only poison ivy because i usually catch it for the first time in april every year.

much help would be appreciated,
thanks.
You're best bet is you better go to the doctor's...So you can find out what you have before it get's worse

Old 04-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #9
(male)

gerard17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleansweap View Post
If it was poison ivy you would know for sure! lol.. It sound like, just a normal rash/genital pumps that some of us get from time to time. Try some jock itch powder/cream, that's what it could be. Have you changed soaps or lotions? No sexual activities? What about lubes when masturbating? Sometimes those can irratate our skin.
well, im hoping its just those regular bumps..the doctor couldnt say much, so i have an app't with the dermatologist tomorrow. i use different soaps all the time, they usually dont bother me, but i had waken up with these bumps, and the night before i had only made out with some chick. my penis stayed in my pants until i got home. but it was alone time.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #10
(female)

lalala37 HB User
Re: Very Concerned about genital herpes...

well you cant get genital herpes unless you had a sexual intercourse of some sort. I would go to a local drugstore and get anti itch cream... and if it continues to get worse see a doctor asap. you dont want this to increase in anyway.
good luck

Closed Thread