It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
(male)

Male1980 HB User
Genital Warts, desperately seeking advice

As of roughly two weeks ago, I had sex with someone who has HPV (Genital Warts) and right now I feel like I'm going to go insane.

I've read the statistics and so forth, and understand it's spread through skin contact but still understand very little about the matter.

Do the warts only show up on the point of contact? I ask because a couple days ago, my anus started to itch (Could be anything, but a coincidence I don't intend to overlook) and it's not so much like an itch like a bug bite, but more of a dry feeling, like left over fecal matter in the area or some such (A hard sensation to describe), however I've washed as best I could without further drying out the area or make it worse, and sofar the same itch remains persistant. I didn't have anal sex, or have any protruding object penetrate the given area, so I don't know why of all places my *** would feel the way it does. I checked myself via hand mirror, and noticed bumps that resemble raised hair folices, like goosebumps, so I dismissed them as nothing more. But perhaps I shouldn't?

Also, I can't tell if it's my mind on overdrive, noticing certain oddities on my penis, or if it's early signs of warts. I heard that white vinegar will turn any warts white (with reasonable efficiency, though not foolproof) so I've been lightly rubbing it on to see if anything shows up. Alas, nothing turns white. However over the last couple days, I've been noticing very small bumps that follow the lines of the tip of my penis. Irritation perhaps, from me continuely rubbing the acidic vinegar on it? I don't know.

To note, she hasn't had an outbreak in 3 years, which I know doesn't exclude the possibility, but does anyone know how significantly this lowers your chances of getting it? I also used a condom. As far as our skin to skin contact, it's hard to remember, but I'd be willing to say it was adequate. My immunity is fair I guess, are there any other symptoms, like a flu? For a couple days, I was waking up to a sweat and felt... weird, for lack of a better term. I can rule herpes out, perhaps I'm just tired and have one of those lame bugs that go around?

I've read of symptoms not showing up for months to years, perhaps self diagnosis within the first week to week and a half is just me being paranoid? I don't know, which is why I'm here. Also, are there any other ways to test for HPV, blood tests, anything, or is it eye sight only? For males atleast

To end, I do plan on getting tested by a doctor here soon, I'm just kind of looking for some closure perhaps, or knowledge that might help to put my mind at ease, however please do feel free to be blunt. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by Male1980; 05-15-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
(female)

ballet81 HB User
Re: Genital Warts, desperately seeking advice

hi I know i am not a male but my boyfriend and I have just resently been going through a similar situation. I was told I have hpv and warts but it is a low case. well just to be on the safe side because i was so scare not even knowing I had anything and finding out i did after we had already had sex. My boyfriend went with me to the doctor and he told us that it is very hard to the male to get the warts but you always want to be safe and besides not having sex at all the best way to protect yourself is to use protection. Well I still wanted to make sure i didnt give him anything so he did go to the doctor and there is a test they can do for guys to make sure you do not have warts or anything else. She can give you cancer of the penis, but from what I understand it is deficult and rare for the guy to get anything. So you are probly ok but even if she hasnt had an out break it can still happen ....so you are right for getting checked out at least to ease your mind. i know my boyfriend did...he didnt really want to say anything to my, but i know he needed to do it so he knew he was ok. i hope this helps a little .... if anything just relax and talk with your girlfriend.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
(female)

joannebas HB User
Smile Re: Genital Warts, desperately seeking advice

Hi

I contracted Warts from a partner 20 years ago and underwent freezing for them. They cleared up very quickly and after the inital shock of getting them, it really isnt bad - promise. Very few men actually get them and yes, i carry the virus still. I have never had another break out in 20 years and my partner of ten years has never had any. I am sure he carries the virus but that does not mean he gets the warts. My advice is stop worrying, they usually show wihtin about six weeks if they are going to, if they do get them treated and relax. It is far more common to contract warts when the virus is active and warts are there.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
(female)

km5936 HB User
Re: Genital Warts, desperately seeking advice

hi so i just recently like a month ago got diagnosed with hpv, and trust me i went through the same thing, questioning every different type of std i even went and got my blood tested for herpes, but when that came up negative and i felt little hard circular bumps i knew something was up....i looked on the internet and got the feeling i had warts, once you even suspect this go in and have them checked the sooner the better. some of my symptoms were burning when i pee and insaine itching around the genitals. go get them checked!

Closed Thread