It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
(female)

NeoApsara HB User
Likely chlamydia and gonorrhea, also UTI - so much pain, help!!

So Tuesday morning I wake up and it burns when I pee. It basically kind of burns, and maybe itches a bit, all day. Well I had recently (like 2-3 days before) engaged in sexual activity, once with a lubed condom; I've gotten BV from spermacides and lubes before and assumed that may be it but that I'd wait due to money issues, plus that it was mild compared to before. Well I decided to go in Thursday to urgent care and he tested me for UTI - positive based on urine sample. That's all he tested for and then gave me Bactrim.

However I did not have peace of mind as with every bad encounter with lubed or whatever, I've gotten BV (this has happened twice - I haven't been sexually active long or often, or with many partners even - I'm very sensative). So on Saturday I decided to go into another place. Well that morning I woke up and had some weird, yellow-green dried discharge on my lower vulva. Now I had been a bit "dischagre'y" in those last couple days but dismissed it because I always have, that's just how my body is. I dismissed this as from the UTI (never had one, was kidn of clueless about what should and shouldn't be there). But I go in thinking I may have a yeast infection or BV. The woman takes a sample and tells me my cervix looked irritated (though when she touched it I couldn't feel it) and she saw a lot fo discharge. She looked at it under a microscope and came back saying there were all these white blood cells and it looked like chlamydia. I was devestated - first I had never had a UTI and I have never had an STD. I just felt so confused I guess. Plus I've been told I always show up many white blood cells. In fact when I got tested (which was once in March and another time I believe in April because I got a yeats infection from a synthetic substance) the guy seemed to expect to see a positive result for chlamydia/gon come back. But that and the one after came back negative. However I DO believe I have it this time. I took my sample to a lab to be sure and will get results Tuesday.

At any rate, she gave me a single anti-biotic for the possible gonorrea and then perscribed me doxycyclin, 1 twice a day for 10 days. She also perscribed me Diflucin for the yeast infection I KNOW I'm gonna get.

But it was only after the wet-prep that the symptoms got real bad and I've been feeling pain in my abdomon/pelvic region and excruciating, albeit brief, pain right as I finish peeing (it was mild before). Plus the pain in my urethera entrance area in between peeing got worse too.

I need some answers and insight if anybody can give, please. For one thing I'm not clear about the symptoms. It's described as the "silent disease" or whatever 'cause the symptoms are supposedly mild - as compared to what, a bullet to the head and crotch?! Maybe it's just because I never had a UTI, I don't know. Anyway...

1). I thought that a UTI, not chlamydia, will make you feel as if you need to pee and only a little comes out. Mind you it's not "pressure" but just feels like it's wanting to come out. Is this typical of chlamydia? Or is it possible that either a) the Bactrim didn't work or b) the STD hindered the antibiotic or just brought on a UTI again?

2) This pain that I've had for two days now, in my pelvic/abdomon and how it has this shooting hurt as my urine stream stops (not to mention in between peeing where what seems to be the discharge hurts the pee-hole area, plus some itchiness)? Not to mention a bit of blood coming when I pee and the funky discharge. How long does it generally take to feel relief of symptoms on oxycylin?

3) Is that typical of chlamydia?

4). Is there anything I can do to sooth the pain, to stop it even?

5). The incubation period for chlamydia says 7 days to about a month, also that symptoms may/may not show up right away. However my UTI symptoms started Tuesday and the recent sexual activity was 2-3 days before that. Now before then, my last sexual activity was like 3-4 weeks before. So even if the symptoms didn't start until all those weeks later (when I got yeast/BV it only woudl take two days) then why would my UTI just SUDDENLY happen then, with the STDs, if they'd already been there? Would the UTI trigger the other infections? Or is it possible that as special as I am, the chlamydia came early?

6) What is the success rate for oxycyclin?

7). Tomorrow (Sunday) will be my third doses of oxycylin. Today (Saturday) was my last day taking the Bactrim.

Please help. I can't work, I can't sleep - I need to take a bunch of Xanax (I'm perscribed it, as well as Walbutrin for depression) to sleep due to worrying. :-(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread