It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
(female)

kleaf HB User
Mollescum Contagiosum

Hey,

Just wanted to hear from anyone who has been diagnosed with MC and see how you've dealt with it and how long it lasted?

My ex boyfriend had some lumps in his groin last year, he saw a doctor who took blood and didn't really know what he was doing and basically said not to worry about them. Stupidly I forgot about it, until about August this year when I noticed a lump in my pubic hair that was irritating me.

I went to the doctor who did a biopsy and cut it out and when the results came back it said I had mollescum contagiosum. She made a big point of saying it isn't serious, and that there isn't a stigma attached to this as it is viral and will go away and not return unless I am reinfected but it is driving me mad.

I have had about 4 or 5 lumps frozen off, but I still have a few in my pubic hair region and right near my vagina that the doctor claimed she couldn't see or were too small to freeze. What on earth am I meant to do? Just when I think they are going away a new one arrives. I really want them all removed or frozen to stop reinfection because in my eyes as long as there is one currently there there is a chance I will just keep reinfecting myself and the cycle will never end.

This has really impacted on my self confidence and I am single now so I obviously have no sex life due to fear of infecting someone else. And I can't tell a potential partner, "Sorry, I can't sleep with you, I have warts..".

Not sure what I should do and would love to hear from someone in a similar situation. Has anyone tried using other wart treatments??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
(female)

elizabethe14 HB User
Unhappy Re: Mollescum Contagiosum

So...my 4yr old daughter has Mollescum on her face. She developed it over a year ago. It started with one bump and now she has 7in total, around her eye and a few new little ones developing on her cheek. I am having the same problem, except her dr wont freeze them off because they are around her eye and may cause scarring. I did buy zyma derm1. I found it on amazon but recently saw that walgreens is carrying it in their 1st aid aisle. It seemed to wk a little but it is a liquid and was burning her eye, so I stopped using it. I was also told by her physician to use "Lava Soap", I found it at walmart in the automotive section. its a very rough soap, but it seemed to wk also, but thats when I noticed the spread. Make sure if you use this soap, to break it into pieces and throw it away after use, also only use on one bump at a time, then switch to a new piece. I think my stupidity about this virus, allowed for it to spread on my poor little girls face

Hope this helps! Not sure if your dr told you, but they arent contagious unless they are open, due to scratching, picking or even using the soap.

Please let me know if you find anything that helps!

ONE more thing....I just found online that "dermisil" is supposed to be really good too. I know you can order it online but not sure where to find it elsewhere.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:00 AM   #3
(female)

mmk2009 HB User
Re: Mollescum Contagiosum

I found out I had these about 2 months ago and I have NO idea how I caught them. I'm married and have never been with anyone else. My first thought was that my husband had cheated but he swore he hadn't and doesn't have a single bump anywhere. I on the other hand probbaly have about 20 now and it's driving me crazy. I've been using the aldara cream I was prescribed but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I tried tape stripping the other day and that also didn't seem to help. Then, instead of shaving my bikini area for fear of breaking the bumps and spreading it more I used nair and it just caused the bigger ones to bleed so I'm guessing I probably spread it even more doing that. Ugh.

Good luck. I'd love to hear some responses as to how to get rid of these without having to wait forever for them to go away on their own.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
(female)

mmk2009 HB User
Re: Mollescum Contagiosum

Okay, so, after doing a search on here for molluscum I went and bought rubbing alcohol, peroxide, disposable gloves, cotton balls and toothpicks. I used the rubbing alcohol first and then tried squeezing out the centers with tweezers. It worked well on a couple and not so well on others (most of mine really aren't that big). Then I would pour the peroxide over them and kept going, changing gloves frequently and using fresh cotton balls each time and cleaning the tweezers between each new bump with alcohol. I tried using the toothpicks to poke the centers but that didn't really work for me. After awhile of doing this I noticed the peroxide was making the ones with the virus still in turn nice and white for me to easily see. I used the tweezers on those and again, worked for some and not so much for others. I then would clean with peroxide and used clear packing tape and put over the area, then pulled it off. I did this quite a few times using a new piece of tape each time. It got a lot of the centers that I couldn't get but seemed to work the best after a new application of peroxide before each piece of tape. When I was finished I applied more alcohol (OUCH!!) and peroxide and then covered the area with a fresh piece of tape and left it there to prevent spreading. Some bled and from what I read that's a good sign. I plan on starting to use my aldara cream nightly starting tonight instead of 3 times a week like my doc told me. Hopefully this will help speed things up!!

Just wanted to add, I soaked in the bath tub for a few minutes to make the bumps not so firm and easier to pop.

Last edited by mmk2009; 06-09-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Closed Thread