It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

xkygurlx HB User
Unhappy Trichomoniasis: Can you get it anyway other way than sexual contact?

confused: I KNOW I haven't had sex with anyone other than my partner of 6 years. He says he hasn't & I don't really have any reason not to believe him. I just got a call from my ob/gyn, I had a Pap smear done last week. The last Pap smear I had was in November of 2008, along with a D&C & Colposcopy. Nothing showed up then except abnormal cervical cells. I've been having extremely irregular & heavy bleeding since August of 2008. Now they spring this on me telling me I have a STD Trichomoniasis, & that I could not have possibly caught it from any other way. I believe my boyfriend because we are pretty much always together. He does go out with his friends on the weekends every once in a while but I take him there & pick him up & it's only for 3-4 hrs that he is gone. I just want to know if there is any way possible that I could have contracted this other than sexual intercourse. This is really creating a conflict between my boyfirnd & me. Yesterday I would've said no way! Now he says "Well if you don't believe me I'll pack my **** & leave." I am so confused & scared. What do I do? Could the lab test have been mixed up? Could it be from any other possible thing like a toilet seat, because I know my boyfriend sets on the toilet from time to time to urinate. Can it lay dormant for years? If it can why didn't they find it November when they did my last Pap Smear? I just need some advice/info. If anyone has a clue...I'm at my wit's end. I don't want to ruin this relationship over something that could be false accusations & misinformation. Can someone please help me??[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: Trichomoniasis: Can you get it anyway other way than sexual contact?

I've had trich before, and trust me, sex is the only way it is transmitted. It couldn't even survive on a toilet long enough to contract it. As for why it didn't show up on November's pap, you probably just became recently infected. Also, the fact that he gets defensive when you bring it up, should be a big clue. If he hasn't done anything wrong, he wouldn't have a reason to get defensive.

Last edited by kittywitty; 04-21-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

You have gotten Trich from your D and C you had in November...same thing happened to me after one of my D&C's over the years. It was a perfect moist enviornment for it to develop. Don't blame him because it was from your surgery...contaminated in some way. It is quite common...more than doc's would like to say. In fact you should say you are sorry and he also should be treated because you have now infected him. Always have your mate treated when you are diagnosed with Trich so you are passing it back and forth. Good luck but don't blame him...not your fault either stuff happens.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Wow, I didn't know that. That's pretty frightening. I hope I never need to get one of those done!

Last edited by kittywitty; 04-22-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #5
(female)

secret7 HB User

I was told I had Trich from my pap after the birth of my daughter. This is info that should be included in the delivery of the results because it really caused some tension between my husband and I. From ready the previous post I gather that the environment of the vagina must be perfect for this infection to grow after a D&C or birth. However, where is the contamination happening?

Here it is 2010 and I still have questions....still married though

Old 05-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
(female)

younglifee HB User

I've been having herpes like symptoms, but this is what my doctor diagnosed me with. And he treated me for it. But, it started to go away, and not it is starting to come back. So, I must have gotten it sexually from my partner. But, I can understand your fear and confusion with all of this. I hope someone posts answers too, because I would like for my fear and confusion to be relinquished.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-19-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Off-topic comment removed.

Closed Thread