It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
(male)

andrewthou HB User
My penis itches like no other...STD?

On the 4th of July I had unprotected sex one time with a girl at a party, not knowing her sexual history.

Two weeks later, texts me saying that I might "have something." Apparently, she had been diagnosed with chlamydia and told me to get tested. I got tested and tested negative. I asked her if there was anything else that I needed to worry about, and she said that she was clean on every other STD test.

Well right after she told me...my penis started itching. About the day after. And about a week after that, I had a sore appear on my penis. It was just like a scab you would get on your arm...it didn't "crust" or anything, like they say herpes scabs do, but it healed on it's own and left a scar.

My penis has been itching nonstop since then. Every day for about 2 months. It's just my penis and testicles that itch, not the areas around them.

I want to get it checked but I'm very nervous and do not know how to approach it. I'm scared to go to the doctor and have it be something very serious, such as herpes. I hope it's something curable...I've learned my lesson.

Also, I do not know if this is relevent, but about a month and a half after the sexual encounter I had a rash appear a little under my armpit. It was noticeable, but went away on its own in about a day.

Anyways, based on my symptoms, what does it sound like I have? And can someone give me advice for seeking medical help? I'm so nervous..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: My penis itches like no other...STD?

Hi Andrew..

First relax... Herpes doesn't always crust as you call it, everyone is different and so are their symptoms, for example, some people will just get a little bump, no sores at all. I am not saying this is herpes, but some of the signs are (red flags), it could be something totally non STD related period, so don;t jump to conclusions.. I would suggest you go get checked, the only problem with Herpes is it can take up to four months for the virus to appear in the blood stream ,so if you get tested too soon, you can have a false negative.. I know this is difficult and you are nervous to be seen but they have plenty of doctors who deal with it regularly and Herpes is so common, that it really is NOT made a big deal by health care providers, It is a big deal for those of us who have but it is controlable, not curable... You should def seek advice from a doctor, sounds like whatever it is, is driving you crazy and you will feel a whole lot better once you know!

Good Luck and feel better.. We are here is you need us..

coping

Old 09-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
(male)

andrewthou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coping63 View Post
Hi Andrew..

First relax... Herpes doesn't always crust as you call it, everyone is different and so are their symptoms, for example, some people will just get a little bump, no sores at all. I am not saying this is herpes, but some of the signs are (red flags), it could be something totally non STD related period, so don;t jump to conclusions.. I would suggest you go get checked, the only problem with Herpes is it can take up to four months for the virus to appear in the blood stream ,so if you get tested too soon, you can have a false negative.. I know this is difficult and you are nervous to be seen but they have plenty of doctors who deal with it regularly and Herpes is so common, that it really is NOT made a big deal by health care providers, It is a big deal for those of us who have but it is controlable, not curable... You should def seek advice from a doctor, sounds like whatever it is, is driving you crazy and you will feel a whole lot better once you know!

Good Luck and feel better.. We are here is you need us..

coping
Can you elaborate? If I have to wait 4 months and it has only been 2 months, should I see a doctor now?

Also, are you saying that a lot of the same symptoms of herpes are also present in my situation??

Old 09-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

The fact you were well until she said something would make part of this sound like it is mentally induced. Herpes would typically appear within a week of exposure, but you never know. If there is no sore now, it would take a blood test to see if you have it. You might be having recurrent, but mild symptoms that are not visible. Again, it might be something else, but anything unexplained following unprotected sex should be checked out. Go on and see a doctor now and explain all of your symptoms, leaving nothing out. Chances are if you have herpes it will show up in a blood test and if you are having recurrent symptoms the doctor may prescribe an antiviral to clear it up.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User

Hi Andrew, You can wait, but if you have a blood test right now there is still a chance that it will come back negative and then you will have to go and get another one in two more months to be sure. Herpes can take up to four months to show up in the blood stream. As far as symptoms, herpes can mimic different things when it first appears, and then sometimes it is exactly the opposite.. When you first come into contact with an infected partner it can take anywhere from 2-25 days to persent with symptoms, some people show up right away and others it can take years, sometimes it never causes a Ob, why this is, is still unknown.. I was not trying to worry you with my advice and that is strickly what it is, I am not a medical doctor.. I have herpes but my symptoms and the way I persent is different then you and vise versa.. You have to relax first off, worrying is not going to get you anywhere except crazy! If you are having discomfort now, go and be seen by all means... Better safe then sorry later.

Remember Herpes can still be spread when No Symptoms are persent.. So, refrain till you know for sure... Feel better.

Closed Thread