It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
(male)

MrAdam HB User
Unhappy What is this? Negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea - itching/burning, some discharge

After browsing the internet in pursuit of an answer on what this is I have seen a substantial amount of people describing the same symptoms with negative tests

- unprotected sex one or more weeks earlier
- negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea
- itching/burning in the top of the penis (urinal tract), or in the vagina
- some discharge, not much, mostly described as milky

So far the web has not provided any answers, only a lot of posts describing the above. Do we know what it is?

Doctor gave me the shot plus 4pill/one time antibiotic treatment for the above mentioned STDs but then told me they came back negative. One week now after treatment I am not sure that I am cured of whatever this is/was. I'm still feeling the symptoms, but so mildly I am thinking that maybe I am just imagining them right now.

Any answers?

Old 02-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
(male)

user1981 HB User
Re: What is this? Negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea - itching/burning, some discha

I have the exact same thing.

Started about 2 weeks ago with a pain/burning during urination, then a yellowish discharge from the penis. This has continued for almost 2 weeks now though the discharge is clear and less frequent now.

Still intermittent "pinching" sensation from the inside of the tip and mild burning when urinating, especially in the morning.

I tested NEGATIVE for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and had my urine analyzed for signs of Urinary Tract Infection. All tests negative.

The doctor gave me Cipro 500mg for 3 days (I took it for 4 days just to be sure). 1 week after dosing symptoms persist... ANYONE HAVE HELP HERE???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
(male)

user1981 HB User
Re: What is this? Negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea - itching/burning, some discha

Still having the same problem - anyone able to help here????

Old 02-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
(female)

afraidofdying HB User

Nobody here can diagnose you by symptoms. Symptoms are only a reaction to the problem but not the poblem itself. The only way to find out for sure what is wrong, if anything is wrong, is to see a doctor. having said that, have you been tested for syphilis? It could be some sort of infection that's not sexually transmitted also. Go to the doc and tell them whats going on.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
(male)

grillo7 HB User

It could be trichomoniasis or some other less common bacterial infection. As for the Cipro, this antibiotic has unfortunately become less effective due to bacterial resistance lately. If each of you are still having these problems, you likely have some kind of infection and need follow-up treatment.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #6
(male)

MrAdam HB User

Thanks Grillo7! That's the only lead I've heard so far to work on that fits. My symptoms went away a a few days after my original post, so guess not much idea going back to the doctor to check for it, but a good lead.

Closed Thread