It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

rachelwillow HB User
Unhappy Yeast Infection or Genital Herpes?

I have been getting cold sores since the age of 13, and i always just assumed they were JUST cold sores. Rather recently I realized that cold sores are in fact the strain of HSV 1. I had a cold sore that was crusted over and I engaged in sexual activity with my partner. Including Kissing, Oral sex (on both parties) and Vaginal sex without a condom.

Now around a month later I experienced a severe mucous filled cough (including chest congestion), sore throat, runny nose and sinus congestion but I passed this off as a cold gotten from one of my close friends, or due to my allergies accompanied by the seasons. I still engaged with sexual activity with my partner before and during this time. There was a period where we had continuous (rough) sex without cleansing in between. A few days later I noticed a thick white discharge (ranging from very thick white paste like to discharge with small white clumps/particles) similar to a yeast infection and my entire vulva, labia minora, and perineum severely itched and had patches of dry skin. This lasted a few days (2-3) until I took a 200 mg pill of fluconazole.

The next day the itching was completely gone but the area still remained very dry with the same kinda of discharge but with significantly less amounts. My labia minora seemed to be very dry and wrinkled and on the inner walls of the labia minora (towards the edges) I felt what seemed to be textured patches, similar to taste buds)

Naturally I freaked out and kept checking on them in a mirror while touching the area (rubbing the textured patches of skin, scratching the taste bud patches, picking at with a tweezer) i realize that i should have left them alone... yet i was so scared of genital herpes. The areas/patches did not itch, or hurt while being touched or pressed. I could only feel them with my fingers

That was two days ago and today I feel like my inguinal glands are swollen (they don't hurt even when applying pressure) and I read that this can be a sign of genital herpes but my all itching has subsided, no pain while urinating, no tingling sensation, labia minora lips and skin on vulva returned back to normal. But the textured patches of skin still remain and are not itchy, tingling, or painful. My cough and chest congestion still remain but it seems that i am getting better.

Is this an outbreak of genital herpes? I have read that yeast infections can cause sores/blisters but I'm not sure what they appear like? Could the irritation be from the severe scratching and heavy touching/picking in the area?

I have had the same partner for the past four months, but before that I engaged in one case of unprotected vaginal sex (he only inserted it once)

Now my partner is complaining of a sore throat... could I have given him my cold? or is this his first symptom of HSV?

I am very scared for his well being, i have coped with HSV-1 for years and believe i could cope with HSV-2 if that be the case... Is it possible that while kissing my partner with a crusted over cold sore, and then him engaging me in oral sex that he passed on the HSV-1 virus to me? Or that while i engaged in oral sex on him with a crusted cold sore that i passed it on to him via oral to genital contact?

All input is appreciated and welcome.

Last edited by rachelwillow; 04-10-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Yeast Infection or Genital Herpes?

Hi I am sorry that you are going through all of that. I hope all is well now, I would suggest you get tested though.

Even when you are showing no signs or symptoms you can pass the virus on to your partner from kissing or oral.

The chances of you getting the same type in 2 places is highly unlikely because your body has built up resistance to it, and it also makes it harder for you to catch the other type although still possible.

Please remember that you can still catch herpes while using a condom because it is transmitted from skin to skin contact not through bodily fluids like other stds.

Closed Thread