It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
(male)

parker0708 HB User
Genital Warts

There seem to be a lot of people asking about warts so i thought i'd relay my experience.

i have no finished university, although prior to this i had already had several partners. in my first year i had an unprotected one night stand with a girl who had come to visit my housemate. several weeks later i was back seeing the girl i had been for a couple months prior and noticed that during oral something was suddenly hurting. it wasnt til after sex the next day when i went home that i had something that originally looked like a cut, that didnt bleed, which soon turned out to be something of an open sore.

after visiting home that summer, after months of hoping it would go away, i decided to get it checked. prior to this i had been tested clean on 3 maybe 4 occasions, but on inspection of this 'sore' which only really hurt during sex/masturbation my clinic back home said "it looks like herpes".

using creams etc they prescribed i soon found this wasnt going away and another 12 months or so down the line, 18 since i found the original problem i went to the clinic near to my university. a couple days before my appointment i noticed a couple of very small cauliflower lumps just to the side of the 'sore' under my foreskin. obviously these turned out to be warts and although its taken 4/5 months or so they're looking like they're starting to disappear.

However, a couple months back this 'sore' which THIS clinic was adamant was not herpes was then tested by biopsy, where they took a large chunk out of the problem area to test, which found that there were just remains of the wart virus.

I am now back home hoping that the next couple of freeze treatments will finally get rid of the warts, however the sore is not quite healed. at this moment in time i still dont know what the problem is there, whether it's just weak skin or had been affected by the dormant wart virus for so long and therefore maybe taking longer to heal. Yes it is frustrating, but at this moment in time ive had the problem for the best part of 2 years, and are determined to get it sorted!

If anyone has questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Genital Warts

Quote:
a couple days before my appointment i noticed a couple of very small cauliflower lumps just to the side of the 'sore' under my foreskin. obviously these turned out to be warts and although its taken 4/5 months or so they're looking like they're starting to disappear.
My adult son has genital warts; he recently noticed two, and he went to the clinic and had them removed. Burned off or frozen off, one or the other. He didn't go into detail.
I just know that he said it hurt, but after that they were gone.
You should ask your doctor what other treatments are available, because to me, 4 or 5 months seems like a long time to wait for them to go away.

best of luck.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
(female)

fironaorjohn HB User
Re: Genital Warts

my doc recommended wartscide. i'm still on it and it has been yielding positive results. quite satisfied for that.

Closed Thread