HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sexually Transmitted Diseases (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexually-transmitted-diseases/)
-   -   STD!!! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexually-transmitted-diseases/85942-std.html)

ice_tornado 08-07-2002 01:07 AM

STD!!!

hi, wouldi know if i got a STd after oral sex, or will it take awhile, can u get STD from giving a blowjob, casue it happened about 1 year ago, am i good, or can i still have something

mlgable 08-07-2002 07:34 AM

Yes you can get an STD from a blow job and if you did have an STD if would not just "go away" without treatment. How would you know if you had one?? Well you would have get tested at the docs office if you had any symptoms of an STD.

Blastoff9600 08-07-2002 08:50 AM

The interesting thing with guys is very seldom do they show signs of being infected with an std. Yes some stds will have symptoms in guys but for the most part a guy will carry it around without even knowing.
So your best bet is to go get tested and from now on make sure to always use protection.

Valhalla 08-07-2002 04:23 PM

Yes, it is possible to get an STD through strictly oral sex. One possible STD is herpes. A person with herpes does not always have the warts associated. They could just be carrying the virus.

Let's assume that she has herpes. If she didn't have warts, she still carries the virus. The virus only needs a microscopic scratch or cut on your penis to travel from her saliva into your bloodstream. The presence of warts extremely heightens these chances. And since a person can be a carrier without knowing it, yes, you could be infected even if it was a year ago. (This scenerio is only ASSUMING that your partner DOES have herpes.)

Hope this helps!

Aloha! :wave:

DazedandConfused23 08-08-2002 08:24 PM

I think u have Herpes and Genital warts mixed up...Herpes does not produce warts but sores that develop around the genital area....Genital warts produce growths or warts that contain an over whelming amount of the HPV Virus that is highly contagious...

u don't have to ejaculate to transfer any of these viruses..the virus will be in other fluid's such as pre-ejaculate and on the surrounding tissues....my question is if u are so worried bout this now..why did u not worry bout it when u were in the act??? I know I know..in the act drives your hormones sky wall..and u kinda loses ur mind..this is in my opinion why people contract std's in the first place...i think that most people r aware of the risks being taken..but then when they r into it,,they think " Well nothin is gonna happen to me"..then at that point it does ....and then it is a trip to the doc to get treatment.. :eek:

lvm6 08-16-2002 08:45 PM

also, (and i dont think many people realize this) is if someone has a coldsore on their lip and gives oral to someone, that someone COULD contract herpes on their privates.

lascot 08-19-2002 03:17 AM

there are two main types of herpes. simplex one & two. both occur on/near mucas tissue. mouth/genital area/anus/eye etc...

one is generally less severe than two.
both are communicable via fellatio.
LAS

Valhalla 08-23-2002 08:12 PM

Thank you for the correction, Dazed.

I'm happy that at least my message went through since my facts didn't. :D

Aloha! :wave: