It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
(male)

mgk501 HB User
Can latex condoms cause these symptoms?

Last week I had sex twice a day two times during that week. Each time I used one of these condoms. For the last few days I have noticed the tip of my penis (meatus) is redder than normal. I have a slight stinging sensation when I pee, and when I squeeze my penis slightly, a whitish/clear discharge comes out. Does this sound like something serious, or a potential STD? Does this sound like it could just be a reaction to the latex condoms? Can the lubricant or whatever is on the INSIDE of the condoms be causing this? Could something as simple as soap or body wash from a shower be causing this too?

EDIT: discharge and stinging are slight, but there. The condoms I used were Durex (Latex)

Last edited by mgk501; 01-03-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
(male)

mgk501 HB User
Re: Can latex condoms cause these symptoms?

Could something like this also be caused from soap or body wash used in the shower? Ever since I've become more sexually active, I've made much better effort to thoroughly clean that area in the shower.

Woke up this morning, still getting a small amount of cloudy discharge only when I squeeze the penis. Slight stinging after urinating as well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
(male)

mgk501 HB User

anyone? the stinging/tickling sensation has pretty much subsided when urinating and going throughout daily activities. However, it comes back after masturbating. Does this suggest irritation?

Discharge is still present but in lesser amounts. Pretty much all clear discharge in small amounts.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

IF it's very sensitive, soap can be irritating to the penile mucosa (the end or inner parts of the penis) and even if it's not too sensitive, it can be irritating to the meatus. But you probably noticed that hurts when you were young. You aren't irritating yourself with soap now are you?

I think it would probably have hurt shortly after washing long before now if it were just irritation from soap. Could the irritation possibly be because you are becoming allergic to latex? (Incidentally I like polyisoprene condoms a lot better (skyn, supra, etc), because latex increases friction too much and smells like tires.)

But there should never be any discharge just from irritation. Your symptoms sound like a bladder infection or other UTI. Sometimes irritation can encourage an infection to take hold, so that might be what happened. I believe a white discharge suggests yeast.

That you say you have an uncomfortable sensation after ejaculating makes it seem like the infection must now still be affecting at least your prostate or seminal vesicles.

IF it's not an STD and just a more minor yeast or bacterial infection, cranberry can help you overcome it more quickly. Other things for any sort of urogenital infection: stay hydrated and avoid milk/cream/creamer and sweets until you're definitely better. (When you have an infection, sugar and these forms of dairy make it harder to overcome the infection. I might add that I like dairy otherwise.)

You want to be careful in monitoring the infection even for a minor one (like this might be), because if they migrate (like to the prostate/testes/etc.) or otherwise get worse, they can be significantly harmful. If symptoms don't improve or if they get worse, I would see a doctor right away. Or just to get any real medical help.

Closed Thread