It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

HPV answers HB User
Worried

I was diagnosed with cervical dysplasia in 1995 and treated with cryosurgery(at the time I had no idea dysplasia was STD/HPV related).I have had negative pap smears every year since that time.For the past 10 years I have had an HPV DNA screen with my pap, all returned negative until this year. My pap came back positive for high risk HPV, and I suddenly had genital warts. I have been faithful to my husband with no other partners since 1992. My OB says with certainty that since my last 10 HPV tests were negative, and now I suddenly have a positive...that my husband has cheated. I confronted my husband who denies he has cheated. I researched on line and found several credible cites stating HPV can be dormant for years and then reoccur...and NOT to make the mistake of ending your marriage/assuming your partner has cheated. Has anyone else had a similar experience? What did your doctor tell you?

Old 05-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Worried

Yes it can be dormant. It is a virus and as such can lay inactive until something triggers it. It does not mean that your husband or you have cheated.

T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread