It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

beautifulmo HB User
Chlamydia without having sex?!

I have not had sex for 3 years since the break up of my relationship with my first ever sexual partner. We were both screened whilst we were together twice and my partner was screened regularly as part of his job (he is a athlete). In the years we were have been apart I have never been with anyone else. No sexual contact except kissing. I was screened twice after we split to be sure that I had not got anything from him. He has never been diagnosed with anything. Last week, my friend and I were on a night out and we were approached by a member of NHS asking if we would like a free screening. My friend wanted one doing so I agreed to do one with her so she wasn't embarrassed. Lo and behold, I got a phonecall today telling me that I tested positive for chlamydia! I have no idea where it has come from. People say it can lie dormant but I know neither me nor my partner have had it! I have DEFINITELY not had sex! No cases of 'perhaps you got too drunk'. None!
I did, about a month ago, have conjunctivitis in my eye. It was really bad and I had to have a weeks worth of antibiotic eye drops. I was also on my period whilst I had this. I am wondering if the infection has some how been transferred from my eye to my cervix through tampons/forgetting to wash my hands.
I feel so dirty! Can anyone tell me anything else it could be??

Old 06-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
(female)

Betska HB UserBetska HB UserBetska HB User
Re: Chlamydia without having sex?!

I have been reading so much information about how you get chlamydia, some people say it is strictly a sexually transmitted disease, vaginal,anal.oral and using toys as well, you cant get it kissing but if the guy has touched you on the gential area and had previously touched himself and got a drop of precum on himself or even rubbed himself on you thats apparently all it takes. It can lay dormant yes, but it wouldve showed on the 2 previous tests you had.I was told by a pathologist in rare circumstances it has been caught on a toilet seat, example ladies in a packed bathroom waiting in line, you go in straight after an infected person you sit on a wet seat and bam! its very rare though but is possible and its not dirty its the most common std and easily treated at least u found out quick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
(female)

Betska HB UserBetska HB UserBetska HB User
Re: Chlamydia without having sex?!

here is something to read about conjunctivitus
again as you can see the conjunctivitus wouldnt have caused it, you wouldve had to have vaginal fluid or semen that was infected go into your eye causing chlamydia that is a conjunctivitus, so possibly you had chlamydia, used a tampon didnt wash hands and then put the infection in the eye, not other way round,
http://chlamydiainmen.net/conjunctivitis.html
anyway just go get the treatment and move on, but you need to tell anyone you had sex with since the last negative test so they can be tested too

Closed Thread