It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
(female)

confusdneedhelp HB User
Unhappy HELP ASAP! FOUND BUMP ON GENITALS?? worried sick :/

Ok. So recently i discovered a small bump near the opening of my vagina. Now a while ago i had gotten chlamydia and gonorrhea from my ex-boyfriend (long story) so i know the signs and symptoms etc of those. We recently got back together and we have been using condoms, but the other day it came off and he hasn't gotten treated for those 2 stds. So i am going to get tested this week but im freaking out because i have never had a bump like this before. I have been looking online all morning and am praying its not herpes. He said he hasn't had any symptoms of herpes before but he also had no idea he had chlamydia and gonorrhea. The bump from what i've discovered so far has mostly symptoms of a cyst (from what i've read online) but im just wondering if anyone has anymore info on it?
*It's not really painful, just uncomfortable.
*It doesn't seem like a pimple or something that can be "popped"
*I do have a small amount of discharge but i believe that might be from either the chlamydia or gonorrhea.
*I also read that you can get a cyst from having either of those stds.
*It's right by the opening of my vagina (right near where you would insert a tampon)
*There's only one bump.
*ANY INFO HELPS!

Old 09-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Re: HELP ASAP! FOUND BUMP ON GENITALS?? worried sick :/

Do you shave down there? Because there is discharge coming from the lesion, it sounds like it may an infected hair follicle from when you shave your pubic hair

Herpes usually comes in clusters, not just one single lesion

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: HELP! found bump on genitals! herpes or cyst?

Hi,
It is hard to say, but you should have it cultured within 24-48hrs after it appeared if you wait longer you could end up with a false negative. Also I would suggest that you ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test, if this comes out negative I suggest waiting 4 months and getting retested since it can take up to 4 months for the antibodies to buildup to be detected in your blood.

Best of luck to you!

Old 09-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
(female)

confusdneedhelp HB User
Re: HELP ASAP! FOUND BUMP ON GENITALS?? worried sick :/

Yes I do shave but the place it is is not somewhere I shave. If you were to insert a tampon it's right below that. As the day went on I looked at it more and it actually looks more like swelling or irritation from sex. It almost looks like the skin got reAlly really dry and split a little bit and then swelled up. Is that a possiblity?

Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
(female)

confusdneedhelp HB User
Re: HELP! found bump on genitals! herpes or cyst?

Thank you so much. Luckily it turned out to be a fissure which is pretty much a tiny tear. It hurts like hell but will go away. I'm very glad it was something I can get rid of. Lesson learned. Thx for the support

Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
(female)

SuZQZ HB User
Re: HELP!!! found bump on genitals! herpes or cyst?

Please speak to your healthcare professional about HPV. Sounds much like that virus. Regretfully the human pampilona virus is an STD. As a female it can stay with you for life and you can transmit it to others. But, you really need to check it out under a doctors supervision. A flesh colored bump, with any tinge of color could be in the spectrum of symptoms. Your healthcare professional will also inform you that males can be carriers without symptoms, such as bumps. So, anyone of your partners could have been the culpret. Practice safe sex.

Fear not, it's not one of the top 10 STD's to worry about. But, you do need to see if this is the cause. If so, you'll need to know what to change in your lifestyle and in future sexual encounters.

Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread

Tags
bump, cyst, genitals, herpes, std