It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2001, 11:05 AM   #1

Lindsay HB User
Post Syphillis/Oral Herpes And Kissing-PLS HELP ASAP!

I'm 19 and have only slept with one person. Unfortunately he and I had unprotected sex a week ago. Last night I started bleeding (even though I just had my period a week ago) which I know is a symptom of chlamydia. I also have small bumps on the insides of my cheeks (we had oral sex) and I know that this could either be syphillis or oral herpes. From what I understand, the syphillis bumps are painless, while the oral herpes are painful. I am thinking that mine is probably syphillis since they aren't really painful. I have an appointment at Planned Parenthood on Friday but I need to know immediately if syphillis or oral herpes can be transmitted through kissing. I am seeing another guy who I am not sexually active with (having sex with my ex, the person I lost my virginity to was just a HUGE one time mistake from being too intoxicated) I am suppossed to see the guy I am with tonight and I might cancel my plans with him if there is any chance he can get anything from kissing me. If I have syphillis or oral herpes (I do not have bumps anywhere but the insides of my cheeks) can he only get it if one of us has a cut in our mouth? If someone could be please give me any info as soon as possible about kissing and spreading of these diseases I would really appreciate it. I am very scared and upset to possibly have chlamydia and syphillis or oral herpes and really need advice. I would also like to tell everyone to be careful, I may have gotten 2 (or more) STD's from my first time not using a condom and first time giving oral sex. You definately can't tell by looking at someone. I have called my ex and he is going to get tested. Thanks for any help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2001, 01:16 PM   #2

sferg HB User
Lindsay:
Personally I would cancel the date. If you are uncertain what you have, better safe than sorry. I can't help on an over the internet diagnosis, but you may want to consider a walk-in clinic instead of waiting until Friday. I would still go to Planned Parenthood on Friday and get some condoms and information.
Good luck,
sferg

Closed Thread