It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2001, 05:38 PM   #1

pixeylight HB User
Post soft, itchy, tender bump on vagina? what the heck!

i have a bump right at the top of my vaginal lips.... it's tender to the touch, somewhat itchy, and looks like a pimple! any ideas what in the world this might be?! thanks!

Old 06-09-2001, 08:49 AM   #2
Inactive

caching HB User
Question

It could be warts, could be herpes, or it could be a dermatitis........can't tell without being tested!! please see your doctor!
take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2001, 03:39 AM   #3

Intermezzio HB User
Exclamation

It's been 2 weeks since your post so perhaps your situation has changed by now, but here is my experience:

I have had a few instances of what I presume are pimples, or perhaps cysts, in that very area or near my anus. Perhaps 5 or 6 outbreaks in the last 22 years. I notice them when they are fairly small and just somewhat irritating. Then they get larger and more tender. What I do is .. pop them! I get a clean, sharp needle. Then, sometimes with the help of a magnifying mirror, I give the culprit a firm but gentle squeeze to make a head and lance it with the needle. Unfortunately, by the time I can make a head and lance it, it's fairly inflamed. That's a few days or so after I first notice it. I squeeze out the darkish pus until I get clean blood flow. Once or twice I've had to lance the same one the next day or so. After that they go away pretty fast. The last two have been exactly where yours is.

Hope this helps you.

Old 06-20-2001, 11:24 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User
Popping/lancing pimples or whatever in the genito/anal area is somewhat risky. Due to moisture, bacteria etc., you run the risk of a nasty infection. I would be very careful and make sure the area is well disinfected.

Old 06-20-2001, 04:23 PM   #5

pixeylight HB User
thanks yall for the advice.... it ended up popping on it's own, and so far i haven't seen a sibling to it :-)

Old 06-26-2001, 04:18 AM   #6

Intermezzio HB User
Hi,

"Popping/lancing pimples or whatever in the genito/anal area is somewhat risky."

Yep, you're right. I kept "things" very, very clean. And I used a bit of Neosporin afterwards.

Old 06-27-2001, 05:29 PM   #7

Snuggles2u HB User
Donít' you think that maybe you should go to a doctor to find out why you are breaking out in those bumps? Instead of popping them get a doctor to do a biopsy, to find out what they are.

Old 07-02-2001, 10:34 AM   #8
Inactive

Nice-T HB User
I agree with Snuggles. Intermezzio you stated, "I presume are pimples, or perhaps cysts" you better make sure of what they are http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Old 07-25-2001, 05:18 AM   #9

Intermezzio HB User
As I said, 5 or 6 incidents of 1 or 2 in the last 22 years, hardly anything to freak out about. I've spoken to my docter and he has agreed with my treatment and is not concerned due to the infrequent nature of the breakouts.

If it re-occured within say, a week or two in the same spot I would be more concerned. But, it's pop, squeeze, bye bye.

Old 07-25-2001, 07:14 AM   #10

PhoebeM HB User
Next time you have one of these "pimples" show up, instead of lancing it yourself, go to the doctor and have the doctor do a fresh culture for herpes. Don't mean to scare you, but what you have sounds similar to what I have experienced from time to time, and I do have HSV 2. I can't believe your doctor just ignored that possibility without testing you. The bump part sounds like HVP, but these things you are calling pimples sound more like blisters with some "pus" inside perhaps. Get tested even if you have had it for years.

Closed Thread