It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2002, 10:13 PM   #1

vaguy HB User
Question Bumps in pubic hair

Hey. Im a 20yo male who has been sexually active for about 2 years and I have had several partners. I recently noticed these little bumps in my pubic hair area above my penis. They are slightly darker than my skin color(not by much) and there are about somewhere between 10-20 of them.

There are no bumps whatsoever on my penis(shaft or head). I was wondering if these are some kind of STD or wart or if they are some kind of skin condition or what. If anyone has any clues, please let me know!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2002, 03:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Sounds like they may be hair follicles. Can you tell if they have any pubic hair growing out of them? If so, they are supposed to be there and are no problem. If not, I'd just keep an eye on them. If they should change in color or size or appear to be infected then see a doc....if not, consider them part of the equipment and forget about them!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2002, 01:59 PM   #3

vaguy HB User
Yeah, I thought that at first, but they are not around the hairs are anything.

After doing some more research the only thing I could that resembeled the description was something called
Molluscum Contagiosum. It was the first time I had heard of this, so I'm not completely sure that they are what I have. Apparently it is pretty common, even in nongenatilia areas.

They are not very big, just a couple millimeters. They sound like one description of this virus which they said they were like a small growth, waxy in texture and just off skin color. They describe these to have a small crater like thing in the center....which I dont see with mine....yet they are small and I havent looked with any magnification.

The info I read said these will probably go away on their own within 6-9 months, or with treatment sooner.

Anyone familiar with this at all? If you know what im talking about or have any other ideas, that would be great!!

I think I'm gonna get it checked real soon regardless, but I sure would like to know anyone elses opinion.

Old 03-26-2002, 06:04 PM   #4

Asher HB User
Smile

Sounds like you want to have some peace of mind about this. I think you are wise to have a visit to your Doctor. That should give some answers as to what it is, and what can be done to treat it. Or maybe it will just go away given time. Let us know.
Asher

Closed Thread