It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
(male)

jamesinUK HB User
should I get another throat swab or would it be a waste of time?

Hi a few months back I started getting a burning in my throat, this was a little after I had given a girl oral sex, I went to a gum clinic 2 weeks after, they took a swab and it come back as nothing wrong, I still have a bit of a burning although it's gone a lot now, would another swab be of benefit or may they not have been able to detect everything 2 weeks after it started the first time?

Last edited by jamesinUK; 10-01-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: should I get another throat swab or would it be a waste of time?

2 weeks is enough time for an std to be detected, so this is unlikley to be the cause of your problems James. Best to visit a doctor and he con have a better look to whats going on with you.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
jamesinUK (10-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
(male)

jamesinUK HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
2 weeks is enough time for an std to be detected, so this is unlikley to be the cause of your problems James. Best to visit a doctor and he con have a better look to whats going on with you.
Thank you for your reply, a doctor had told me he thinks its acid related, i was just worried that maybe it had been misdiagnosed and that it maybe something else causing it.

Im happy knowing that std's would have been detected 2 weeks after.

the burning in my throat actually started about 2 days after i had given oral sex.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

i wa going to say acid as well as i do suffer from it and get throat burn as well.

Of course its natuall to be concerned, but a neagtive at that time scale is good enough james.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread