It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2003, 11:27 AM   #1

PynkPryncezz17 HB User
Question White Discharge but No Odor??

Hello, I'm 17 years old and kind of scared, I'm a hypochondriac so I let every little thing get to me, even if I have the flu I think I'm dying or there is something really wrong with me. I've been having this white discharge coming from my vagina but it's really thin and there is no odor, but once in a while I have to itch and I get a burning sensation. I'm really scared because I'm not a dirty person and I hope it is nothing serious. So I need some advice can someone please help me, and if you think it is something serious please tell me. Thanks for your advice.

------------------
Trista

Old 02-12-2003, 03:50 PM   #2

shucks HB User
First are you sexually active? if so it sounds like it could be gonereaha (spelling is off) with the white liquid stuff sometimes itch that sounds like what that could be.........

On the other hand it could be a yeast infection however the discharge is usually yellowish tent to it.

If I were you I would go get checked out, because it is NOT normal to have a white discharge.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2003, 07:47 AM   #3

Blue2U HB User
You should see your doctor.

I have to disagree with your comment on the yeast infection, shucks ....I've had one twice and both times the discharge was white and caused terrible itching !!! Never did it have a yellowish tint.

This could be something as simple as a yeast infection but if you've never had one before you should let your doctor diagnose it for you. Also, just in case, to rule out anything more serious.

Old 02-13-2003, 01:50 PM   #4

shucks HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by jlaffey:
You should see your doctor.

I have to disagree with your comment on the yeast infection, shucks ....I've had one twice and both times the discharge was white and caused terrible itching !!! Never did it have a yellowish tint.

This could be something as simple as a yeast infection but if you've never had one before you should let your doctor diagnose it for you. Also, just in case, to rule out anything more serious.

I had one too......and it did have a yellowish tint to it...So I guess it is diffrent with diffrent people? I dont know....however it is something worth while getting checked out.

Old 02-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #5

personalperson HB User
ghonorrhea usually exibits a yellowish discharge as a symptom not white. however this discharge usually comes along with other symptoms such as frequent urination.

Old 02-17-2003, 01:45 PM   #6
Veteran

ChristinaD HB User
Okay, It is really doubtful that you have an STD.
The female reproductive system releases discharge as a cleansing process and it is completely normal to have thin white discharge and it can be kind of slimy too, also can have a more off white color too.
Yeast infections tend to be somewhat clumpy and do sometimes have a yellowish tint and it is obvious when you have when as the itch can be very bothersome.
I have had yeast infections and have had white thin discharge now and again and I see a gynocologist every year and I'm perfectly fine.
If it is odorless and you don't think it is necessary to see a doctor then that is your call. You may want to see one just for piece of mind.
It is very normal to have discharge, it is part of being a woman. Chances are you are fine but if you are having sex you should be having annual check-ups.
June 2002: Had a relapse and tore/ruptured disc again.
Now I'm 14 months into it and the pain is still there.
Can't deal with it anymore so I'm having a discectomy in Sept. Hoping and praying that it takes care of my problems!!

Old 02-17-2003, 02:07 PM   #7

shucks HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by personalperson:
ghonorrhea usually exibits a yellowish discharge as a symptom not white. however this discharge usually comes along with other symptoms such as frequent urination.

you may want to go read up on ghonorrhea.....because it does HAVE a white discharge. This is what it says on a Q&A on ghonorrhea: "In gonorrhea the discharge is often white......"

[This message has been edited by shucks (edited 02-17-2003).]

Old 03-08-2003, 04:43 PM   #8

Lisasv1 HB User
Yeast infections can cause your discharge to be white and look simular to cottage cheese. It usually has a yeast odor though, like a bakery or a beer.

Old 03-31-2003, 09:26 AM   #9

Elizabeth241 HB User
I am a hypochondriac also.. I think everything that happenes down there is bad... I am tested annually for std's, and I have always been fine. my vaginal discharge is always prominent.. it ranges from being thick- to not so thick to - whitesh in color/ sometimes has like a yellow tint too-- and guess what ? Its sometimes doesnt smeel to pleasent either.. I would say dont worry about it. I hate the interenet..it convinced my that I had every STD in the book....

Closed Thread