It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2003, 09:10 AM   #1

blurr HB User
Post How long does it take to get results back?

Hi all...

I just went for my routine doc. checkup and was tested for STD's, as I had requested to do so. I am wondering how long it takes to get pap smears and test results back?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2003, 09:09 AM   #2

livenlearn HB User

for MOST std's... they come back within 5 business days... so, if you tested monday, by friday they should have the results.... BUT... there are a couple that take "longer to grow" in the labs.... (ie: chlamydia for one) and that one takes a couple more days.... i'd give that one at least 7 business days to come back.... AND as far as a pap.... anywhere from a week (7 b.d's) to 2 weeks...

i wish i didn't know the answer to this... BUT... over a year ago, i was tested for EVERYTHING... on a monday.. by friday, i called the doc's and they told me everything came back showing only a bacterial infection.. (not sexually related)... but, what they neglected to tell me was that the chlamydia test didn't come back yet, and on the following tuesday they called and said that one came back positive... also, it took about another week for the pap to come back... and ... yup.. you guessed it, came back "abnormal"...

good luck, hope it all turns out good for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2003, 09:46 AM   #3

blurr HB User
Alrighty...
thanks! Hopefully all comes back negative!

Old 04-17-2003, 12:42 PM   #4

blurr HB User
Hey livelearn (and anyone else for that matter)...

did you have sypmtoms of an STD when you went in for testing? I am just curious...

blurr

Old 04-17-2003, 01:48 PM   #5

livenlearn HB User

last year when i had all std's tested... yes, i did have symptoms.... which is what prompted me to go get checked.... however, in the past i didn't have any symptoms, but because i had a new partner or something and i was there for my "annual".... i'd ask them to do all the tests on me.... this is the first time anything came back positive... and the first time i ever had any symptoms.... not that you can't have something with no symptoms.. but, its been my experience that I'VE had symptoms only when something was wrong....

Closed Thread