It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2003, 06:08 PM   #1

Sweet_Chik HB User
Unhappy Can You Get An STD From Masturbating?

I recently got these little bumps on my vagina. They dont hurt, itch or anything..they are just little pinkish bumbs.Am I Just Paranoid? Or Can This Possibly Be Some Kind Of Std?

Old 05-02-2003, 05:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Have you ever had sexual contact before? The only STD you could get from masterbating would be herpes. This could happen if you have oral herpes (cold sores) and touch one of them and then immediately touch down there. Also, a lot of women use saliva to masterbate with, so if you do have oral HSV, and the virus is active (it is possible for the virus to be active even if there are no coldsores present), and you use saliva for lubrication, it would be possible to spread the herpes down there....not horribly common, but definately could happen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 05:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Oh, and im quite sure the bumps you speak of couldn't be herpes, because herpes is quite painful, and you said that they weren't. Are there any pus in the bumps? Are they located in the pubic hair region? If they are, maybe they are just ingrown hairs or infected hair folicles...

Old 05-02-2003, 08:27 AM   #4

azngrl82 HB User
Question

SO I had the same question. . except taht I have one litte bump on one of my vaginal lips. It's skin color no puss, but it does hurt, but not like painful. So is that herpes? And the thing is, I do not have a cold sore but I have been masturbating a lot recently can it be that it just got bothered?

Old 05-02-2003, 09:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Smile

Hi azngrl. It really could be lot of things. The only way to know for sure if it is herpes is to go to the doctor and get a swab test done. Or, you could get a blood test for herpes, but the blood test cant show where the herpes is located, and 80% of the population will test positive for type1 because most people have it orally (cold sores), whether they actually have symptoms of cold sores or not. Herpes lesions usually start out as bumps, but then rupture, and turn into ulcer looking things. It can also turn up as just little cuts instead of bumps, or even just red irritated skin. I get ingrown hairs down there quite frequently, it could be that if the bump seems to be located over a hair follicle. If it is just one bump, I don't think I would worry and probably just write it off as an ingrown or clogged pore or something. However, If you get more, then I would definately make an appointment with a gyn.

Old 05-02-2003, 10:40 AM   #6

azngrl82 HB User
Thanks devastated!!

Old 05-02-2003, 10:48 AM   #7

triill2002 HB User
what about masterbaiting someone else, can you catch someomthing on your hand, and get on your self somehow
'

Old 05-02-2003, 12:18 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
trill, it would be very unlikely, I would imagine that you would have to touch yourself IMMEDIATELY after masterbating your partner, and it would still be unlikely, albeit not impossible. However, if you have a cut on your hand, and your partner is shedding the herpes virus, the virus can enter into the cut. I contracted herpes on my fingertip, where it apparently entered though broken skin of a hangnail. I also got it on my nipples and genitals. My boyfriend didn't have a cold sore at the time, but about 2 days after our oral sexual encounter, a cold sore developed on his lip, and about 2 days after that, I had symptoms. My doctor thinks that I got herpes on my finger from touching myself down there after he performed oral sex on me and his saliva got into the cut on my finger, and apparently my nipple rings allowed the virus to enter the skin there. So, basically where I am at now is that I have contracted an STD from someone who doesn't have one, but just had coldsores. Pretty weak, huh? Be very careful with cold sores, I learned the hard way. Before this, I never even associated cold sores with being herpes.

Old 05-02-2003, 12:21 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Oh, I don't think it would be possible to contract anything else like ghonnorrhea, syphilis, etc. by touch. HPV, genital warts may be possible though, since like herpes, it is a skin condition spread by skin to skin contact.

Closed Thread