It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
(male)

dynex HB User
Red Scrotum, red near tip of penis, Itchy Anus

Alright well the title about sums up my symptoms but before you reply ill give a bit more info. I havnt been tested for stds/stis however i have had a persistant red colour to my scrotum for the last 5-6 months after having unprotected sex. It was after a night of drinking so i assume her mouth/ vagina could have been carrying some type of bacteria. The itchy anus just started about 2 weeks ago after i started to use a cream called miconazole nitrate 2%. this cream gives me temporary relief but hasnt reduced any of the redness. Could this be an std? Also on my scrotum it is the entire scrotum that is red except for a stripe running through the middle of the scrotum which is my regular skin colour. Reading about peoples horror stories with similar conditions is a little scary. I am almost certain i got this from the girl i slept with and i think it might be some type of yeast infection. My next treatment option is going to be applying rubbing alcohol a few times a day and if that doesnt clear it up than a trip to the doctor will be next. The only reason i cant go to a doctor now is because the earliest i can see my doctor is in december. This is why i am looking for any ideas that you guys have for me to try until that time. Also the last question i have is if herpes could cause these symptoms for this long? I am really hoping that is not what i have so a little reassurance would be nice but please be honest.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User
Re: Red Scrotum, red near tip of penis, Itchy Anus

When one of my sons was a toddler, he got red and sore in his diaper area and I thought it was diaper rash and treated it as such, but when it wouldn't go away, I took him to the doctor and he told me to use whatever you would for jock itch. Cleared it right up.
Might work for you?

Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
(male)

dynex HB User

that is the miconazole that i used and didnt work

Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User

I'm sorry, I don't know then, but I found this:

I think there is help out there! Key word "think". My story is very similar to so many on the web. I began haveing a painful, burning red scrotum around the beginning of October 2009. First thought = jock itch. Didn't respond to any spray or powder. Then yeast infection. Nope. Two oral meds, probiotics, garlic, you name it. Nope. Went to GP and he said "I have no idea". On to urologist. Same. On to a dermatologist. "Scrotodynia" and prescribed a stronger hydrocortisone than what I had had. No help. Scrotodynia just means "painful scrotum", Duh! Life was pretty rough as a new dad, husband, and manager of a successful business with a constant burning sensation in my bright red sack. The pain waxed and waned, but was always there. Out of desperation, I went to a second dermatologist that I had seen several years back but wasn't overly impressed with. Now I am impressed! He took a look and immediately told me I have neurodermatitis. I got a shot of "kenalog", an oral "amitriptilyne" each night before bedtime, and a steroid ointment "betamethasone dipropionate" twice daily. Without me saying anything about all I had read on the web, he said, "there's even a slang term for it = "Red Bag Syndrome". When I said there are people on the web claiming to have suffered with this for years he kind of laughed and said, "that may be so, but they aren't treating it correctly."

Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
(male)

flamin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynex View Post
Alright well the title about sums up my symptoms but before you reply ill give a bit more info. I havnt been tested for stds/stis however i have had a persistant red colour to my scrotum for the last 5-6 months after having unprotected sex. It was after a night of drinking so i assume her mouth/ vagina could have been carrying some type of bacteria. The itchy anus just started about 2 weeks ago after i started to use a cream called miconazole nitrate 2%. this cream gives me temporary relief but hasnt reduced any of the redness. Could this be an std? Also on my scrotum it is the entire scrotum that is red except for a stripe running through the middle of the scrotum which is my regular skin colour. Reading about peoples horror stories with similar conditions is a little scary. I am almost certain i got this from the girl i slept with and i think it might be some type of yeast infection. My next treatment option is going to be applying rubbing alcohol a few times a day and if that doesnt clear it up than a trip to the doctor will be next. The only reason i cant go to a doctor now is because the earliest i can see my doctor is in december. This is why i am looking for any ideas that you guys have for me to try until that time. Also the last question i have is if herpes could cause these symptoms for this long? I am really hoping that is not what i have so a little reassurance would be nice but please be honest.

Thank you.
Dynex,
I have had a burning red scrotum that follows the path of my hair follicles on my scrotum. It burned really bad at first but has gradually calmed since. I have had this for over a year now. I have takin three diff antibiotics and yeast meds. Cream hasnt worked, powdre has helped sooth the pain the most. I have had all std test and are all negative. I am determined to figure this thing out and i believe we have ver very similar problems. I dont know why but it wont let me send a private message. I have searched for many people out there seeking help and have stuck to the symptoms of the redness being on the entire scrotum except for the strip down the middle, weird i dont get it. But if your still around Id like to discuss symptoms and treatment so we can figure this out.

Last edited by flamin; 12-03-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
(male)

dynex HB User

Hey Flamin im still around with the same symptoms. The doctor gave me a cream but i have been using it for a month almost with very little improvements. My scrotum is less red while using the cream. I also have redness and itching/burning around my anus which is what is really bothering me lately it is really itchy sometimes.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
(male)

flamin HB User

Did the doctor diagnos you with anything? Also ate you experiencing any urethral problems or tingling in legs?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
(male)

dynex HB User

No i have none of those problems. The doctor said it is difficult to diagnose these types of things but said it is probably some type of fungal infection or something along that line. I find it hard to believe that there is no test they can do to pinpoint the exact condition?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
(male)

Jimbojim HB User

Hey, have you had any luck yet?

I've had exactly the same symptoms as you. The entire red scrotum minus line down the middle, itchy / red anus. Even sex after a night drinking a month or so before it all started. I also have a redness on my penis though. It spread there after 2 or three months.
I've see 2 GPs and a dermatologist and the best I've got is temporary relief from various steroid creams. Ive had pills for Tinea and Candida too.

So I was hoping maybe you've had some luck and could maybe shed some light?

Closed Thread