It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2003, 05:08 PM   #1

xiola HB User
Unhappy cyst or herpes

hope someone can help me. i've had a small, hard
bump on my labia for almost 2 months. sometimes it was slightly painful.

but for the last two days, it's gotten bigger and hurts
a lost more. i popped it today, there was pus inside and a small, hard core (which was what had been there for the past few months, i guess).

anyway, looking online at pictures of herpes, some of the sites say the symptoms are very slight. and even this picture looks about like what i had (before i popped it).
[url="http://www.library.vcu.edu/pdfgif/tml/oralpathology/20-herpes-labialis.jpg"]http://www.library.vcu.edu/pdfgif/tml/oralpathology/20-herpes-labialis.jpg[/url]

how can you tell the difference between a cyst/pimple
and herpes? do herpes sores have pus and cores in them?

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2003, 06:03 PM   #2

shucks HB User
Well what I have been told about herpees if it is popped (which by the way is NEVER a good idea to pop herpee blisters, because it can spread) is a clear liquid....usually there is MORE than one...what I was told about herpees is that they itch and burn (if it is open)...this really does NOT seem what you have, because you said something hard came out of it??? right???

Maybe you should get checked out just incase and NOT take MY word or anybody elses word for that matter on a message board, BUT it does seem that what you give out and have a little information about herpees are two seperate things...however again dont take my word for it, nor anybody elses on a message board, because really it isnt safe to do so, for we are NOT doctors and we are on a message board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2003, 07:28 PM   #3

xiola HB User
thanks for the reply ...

yes, pus and something hard came out of it. and there's just one, which seems a lot better, now.

sadly, i just had a ob/gyn visit and tried to mention it to the PA / nurse i wasn't in best position for pointing out anything (lying on the table), and she failed to find it. this was while it was still a hard little bump.

our health dept doesn't perform blood tests for herpes and, since i popped this, there's not a lot left to show anyone. much less anything for them to take a sample from.

but if i can still see anything there tomorrow, i'll go anyway.

Closed Thread