It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2003, 01:47 PM   #1

lovejones1 HB User
Post Body itch all over can't take it

What the hell is wrong with me. My whole body is itchy like crazy. I see bumps that appear after I scrach but when I don't I can't see anything. I'm going crazy fro about 2 weeks now. I thought it might be hives but the bumps are not red. The more I scrach the worse it gets. )(

Old 05-23-2003, 07:21 AM   #2
Inactive

Snazzy101 HB User
Just go to the dermatologist There are a million reasons for itchy skin. The simplist might be a new laundry detergent. No need to suffer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2003, 11:39 AM   #3

lovejones1 HB User
Thought it was scabies, but the dr said i have ezcema.

Old 05-23-2003, 12:36 PM   #4

shucks HB User
scabies are parasites and it does itch now and then and sometimes they appear with bumps or small sores, but they dont come and go as you mentioned.

Now for ezcema my youngest daughter has this (it is very common for children to get this) it is just EXTRA EXTRA dry skin. ordinary lotion will NOT help excema (actually it could even make it worse). YOu will have to get speical type of creame and use it daily.

Old 05-27-2003, 07:14 AM   #5

lovejones1 HB User
This weekend was very bad and embarssing for me. The itch was so bad i could not sleep. I went to the ER and the scared looking doctor said I had Scabies. I was so embarrassed. Thought that was something poor and dirty people get. I can't believe this girl gave me this now I'm concerned about HIV (Although I used a condom I'm still scared because if she has scabies no telling what else she may have). The doctor told me touse Acticin and leave it on for 10 hours. I did this but I still itch. I called my skin doctor about what happened this weekend she s suppose to get back to me. I hope she is not to mad at me for getting another dx by the er oh well. It's been 3 days since i used the scabies lotion and I'm still itching like crazy. any thoughts

Old 05-27-2003, 03:10 PM   #6

shucks HB User
calm down anybody can get scabies....it is a paracite. You could have went into a public restroom and caught it.

Yes scabies LOVES filth and they hide very well until they move into a new home (inside humans)....

I wouldnt totally blame this girl for you may have not caught it from her you could have easily caught it at someone's house. Just because a house looks clean doesnt mean it is....just picking up things doesnt make a house or building clean....

Dont stress because you caught this you just was unlucky that is all and be greatful it is curable...

I wouldnt worry about getting HIV just because you caught scabbies.

Remember the saying "dont let the bed bugs bite"??? well scabbies could be another name of a "bed bug"....

Dont freak out.....

Old 05-27-2003, 03:37 PM   #7

lovejones1 HB User
Thanks for the advice. My dem is still not convinced that its scabies I'll find out tomorrow. Also Used the acticin cream but I still itch what gives. Now i see these little dots on the side of one of my fingers could this be a reaction to the cream or is it the mites coming back for seconds. Damn I feel dirty and infested. I cqan't even sleep in my apartment like its filthy or soemthing. I spent the whole weekend cleaning the house and washing clothes and I still think scabies are wanting for me. I can't even sleep in my bed, i sleep on the floor with tons of blankets just in case scabies are still on my bed. Man i need help[

Old 05-27-2003, 03:56 PM   #8

shucks HB User
I bet it is such a frusteration for you.

Well if the tests comes back that you dont have scabbies then get tested for ezcema (which is another posibilty).

I also just got through watching a show called (I believe) the most extremem, and it was about parasits or something like that and there was these parasits that was called "hook worm" and it drove this person mad, because of the non stop itching.

I believe what you have could be either scabbies or ezcema one of the two, which both of them is very minor....

What ever you do try not to scratch....I know it is so hard not to and then having it in your mind that once it is gone it can come back well just get that out of your mind, because that can be a big factor of why you are still itching..the mind is such a powerful tool....

Old 05-28-2003, 07:28 AM   #9

lovejones1 HB User
If I do have scabies how do i get rid ofthem in my house. I have leather furnture that i sleep on sometimes. Do i need to get a new mattress. how long do they live outside the body. I was away from my home for two days is the long enough for them to die with out a host. I used a cream Acticin but i still itcc is that normal.

Old 05-28-2003, 12:51 PM   #10

shucks HB User
Well by steralizing what you did the weekend you mentioned that you cleaned the whole house is good.

It is a process. I know when my cousin had it she end up getting new matress even though it could have been treated another way (like bleaching it out in the sun), but she wanted to be safe, and then also buying a matress cover where she can change the matress covers ever so often and also washing the blankets every week (I guess ever since she caught scabies she made sure she would never get them again). When she too used the cream she still itched so it is normal to still itch while using the medication. I dont really remember how long it took, but I dont think it took a LONG time...

Old 06-02-2003, 02:59 PM   #11

lovejones1 HB User
Good news, My derm did a skin sample ans she said I tested neg for scabies, but tested positive for ezcema.

I'm still not convince about that because you have to remeber I used the cream(pesticide) to treat my skin and that was 5 days before she did the skin sample. But I think its good to know that the skin came up neg which menas theye did not detect dead or live mites in my skin right

Old 06-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #12

shucks HB User
That is so wonderful...good to hear that.

My youngest daughter has ezcema. It is not a big thing to have excema....

congradulations....

Old 06-04-2003, 08:09 AM   #13

lovejones1 HB User
Hello again I finally got my paper work back and she indicated that had something called Pityriasis Rosea. I never heard of that before any ideas what may have caused this. I don't think its a STD of any kind not do I think thatis infectious

Old 06-04-2003, 08:18 AM   #14

shucks HB User
Pityriasis rosea (Pit-ih-RYE-ah-sis Ro-ZEA) is a rash that can occur at any age but it occurs most commonly in people between the ages of 10 and 35 years. The rash can last from several weeks to several months. Usually there are no permanent marks as a result of this disease, although some darker-skinned persons may develop long-lasting flat brown spots that eventually fade.

What are the signs and symptoms of this disease?
The condition often begins as a large single pink patch on the chest or back. This patch may be scaly and is called a "herald" or "mother" patch. Often the person with this condition will think this patch is a ringworm and will apply creams that are used to get rid of fungus. This will not help since the rash is not caused by a fungus.

Within a week or two, more pink patches, sometimes hundreds of them, appear on the body and on the arms and legs. Patches may also occur on the neck, and though rare, the face. These spots usually are smaller than the "herald" patch and may also be mistaken for ringworm. The patches are oval and often form a pattern over the back that resembles the outline of a Christmas tree. Sometimes the disease can produce a more severe and wide-spread skin eruption. About half the patients will have some itching, especially when they become overheated.

Occasionally there may be other symptoms, including tiredness and aching. The rash usually fades and disappears within six to eight weeks, but can sometimes last much longer. Physical activity-like jogging and running, or bathing in hot water may cause the rash to temporarily worsen or reappear. In some cases, the patches will reappear up to several weeks after the first episode and can continue for many months.

What is the cause of this skin disorder?
The cause is unknown. It is not caused by a fungus or bacteria. It also is not due to any type of allergy. Pityriasis rosea is not a sign of any internal disease.

A virus may cause this rash. Like other known viral diseases, pityriasis rosea usually occurs only once in an individual, and occasionally makes a person feel slightly ill. But the virus theory has not been proven. Unlike many viruses, however, pityriasis rosea does not seem to spread from person to person.

How is it diagnosed?
Diagnosis is usually made by a dermatologist, a physician with special training in skin diseases. Pityriasis rosea usually affects the back, neck, chest, abdomen and upper arms and legs. The rash may differ from person to person, making the diagnosis more difficult. The numbers and sizes of the spots can also vary and occasionally the rash can be found in an unusual location, such as the lower body or on the face. Fungus infections, like ringworm, may resemble this rash. Reactions to certain medications, such as antibiotics, "water pills" and heart medications can also look the same as pityriasis rosea.

The dermatologist may order blood tests, scrape the skin, or take a sample from one of the spots (skin biopsy) and examine it under a microscope to make the diagnosis.

What is the treatment?
Treatment may include external or internal medications for itching. Soothing medicated lotions and lubricants may be prescribed. Lukewarm rather than hot baths may be suggested. Strenuous activity that could aggravate the rash should be avoided. Ultraviolet light treatments given under the supervision of a dermatologist may be helpful.

Occasionally anti-inflammatory medications such as corticosteriods may be necessary to stop itching or make the rash go away. Patients should be reassured that this disease is not a dangerous skin condition even if it occurs during pregnancy.

Remember that pityriasis rosea is a common skin disorder and is usually mild. Most cases usually do not need treatment and fortunately even the most severe cases eventually go away.

Old 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM   #15

MONKEYSHINE HB User
i started to itch crazy in my first day i couldnt sleep couple of days later it gotten better but it still itch especailly at nights.What do i have eczema or scabies or it could be worse i hope not. When i scratch i have these bumps when i dont nothing shows one time i was stone on some weed and got all into scratching and i had all these bumps all over my body arm leg it scare the sh it out of me man but the next they all went away thank god.

Closed Thread