It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2003, 01:30 PM   #1

bannu HB User
Exclamation Possible chlamydia after 9 months?

Does anyone know if this sounds likely. Had unprotected sex 9 months ago. No symptoms of std until last week, (9 months later). Saw Dr., diagnosed epididimytis, gave Cipro. Started to worry though. Does it sound likely that knowing some std's, i.e. chlamydia will show 1 to 3 weeks after infection, although may not show at all, is it likely to show up 9 months later, just sort of "out of the blue". No other indications previously to the burning pee and sore groin. Dr. says bacteria can cause epididimytis. I am 35 year old male. Also, in between time of 9 months ago sex with woman, I have had a couple of encounters with a woman who I know has no std's (she was just tested 2 weeks ago during yearly pap smear). These encounters included anal intercourse. The last encounter with her was in June, so 3 months ago. Would it be more likley that I got some sort of bacteria from her colon, instead of these problems stemming from encounter 9 months ago giving me chlamydia and causing these problems?

Old 09-17-2003, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
untreated chlamydia can result in epididymitis, but other bateria can cause it, too. unprotected anal sex could cause it, I suppose. I advise you use condoms all the time - those standard std tests don't check for everything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #3

sxk1234 HB User
Re: Possible chlamydia after 9 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannu
Does anyone know if this sounds likely. Had unprotected sex 9 months ago. No symptoms of std until last week, (9 months later). Saw Dr., diagnosed epididimytis, gave Cipro. Started to worry though. Does it sound likely that knowing some std's, i.e. chlamydia will show 1 to 3 weeks after infection, although may not show at all, is it likely to show up 9 months later, just sort of "out of the blue". No other indications previously to the burning pee and sore groin. Dr. says bacteria can cause epididimytis. I am 35 year old male. Also, in between time of 9 months ago sex with woman, I have had a couple of encounters with a woman who I know has no std's (she was just tested 2 weeks ago during yearly pap smear). These encounters included anal intercourse. The last encounter with her was in June, so 3 months ago. Would it be more likley that I got some sort of bacteria from her colon, instead of these problems stemming from encounter 9 months ago giving me chlamydia and causing these problems?

Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I have just recently been diagnosed with Chlamydia and I never ever had any symtoms. My last pap and std test was one year ago, right before I got with my current boyfriend. A month ago I had my pap and it showed up, which means that it was in there for about a year!! I had a little discharge, but thought it was normal. So it could be possible that it has been there for that long.

Old 02-09-2004, 10:58 AM   #4

ConfusedChick769 HB User

i had chlymidia for about 2 months. i would not have know for years because I had no symptoms. i was not going to go to the gyno for like 2 years. But i herd roumers that my friend had gotten it. I went to get tested and sure enough i had it. what a friend he was he did not even tell me he gave it to me!!!all i have to say is go get tested better to be safe than sorry!

Old 02-17-2004, 12:38 PM   #5

acpst19 HB User
Exclamation Re: Possible chlamydia after 9 months?

GO GET TESTED!!!!!

I work on a research study dealing with Chlamydia and other STDs. It is completely possible that you can have Chlamydia without symptoms for months. If not treated it can progress into Pelvic Inflamatory Disease which can make it difficult for you to have children one day!!! Go to the nearest health clinic and get tested and treated.

Allison

Old 02-17-2004, 03:12 PM   #6

Royalty HB User

Hopefully they will test you even though you are on the cipro. Dont come off until your done with dose! The cipro is ideal for testicular and prostate infections. If you feel the slighest hint that the teste pain remains after the treatment, demand more cipro or even levequin. Floxin is good too. Its best to switch drugs so as to not let the bacteria get used to the drug. 9 months is a long time to have chlmydia in the body

Old 02-17-2004, 05:06 PM   #7

Royalty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acpst19
GO GET TESTED!!!!!

I work on a research study dealing with Chlamydia and other STDs. It is completely possible that you can have Chlamydia without symptoms for months. If not treated it can progress into Pelvic Inflamatory Disease which can make it difficult for you to have children one day!!! Go to the nearest health clinic and get tested and treated.

Allison

And what if the tests are negative? You may work at a clinic but you test for 3-4 bacteria: Trich, gonnorhea, Chlamyidia and maybe syphillus.

what about: streptococci group A, staphyococcus Aurreus, Gardnerella, Vagialis, salmonella typhimurium and enteritmurrium, various E Coli, 6 species of mycoplasma, ureaplamsa, ect....ect.....ect.... all of which can have ZERO symptoms. All of which can be carried in a womans vagina or on the forskin of a penis. Obviouly blood, semen, and saliva are carriers too.

I have argued with the women at my local STD clinic and they arent very well versed on STD's! They dont know ****** about the Mycoplasmas (which by the way will kill you if they arent treated)

Another thing many STD clinics dont realize is that you can still have an chlamydia infection and still test negative for it!!!!!

And dont even get me started on herpes! Herpes isnt always a blister with pus! It can be a "paper cut" or confused with ingrown hairs, or pimples or dermatitis.

Bottom line: If you think you have an infection and you test negative on all STD tests......get treatment regardless (use the cipros, levaquins and Zithros first. Then hit it the doxy!)

Closed Thread